Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD - Surf Green!

Greg G

Been thinking about getting an Strat type thing for awhile.  This one's a used 2019 model and I couldn't find a mark on it.  UPS delivered it in the pouring rain.  In this area they deliver from a golf cart towing a little trailer.  From the looks of it the guitar rode around in the rain for a few blocks.  Box was soaked to the bone.  All I've done so far is crack the case open, tune it and inspect it.  Had to go back to work & looking forward to spending some time with it when I get home.

S1.jpg

6 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Great score, Greg!  Now to join a Beach Blanket Bingo surfer band!

I was thinking Ventures tribute band but on 2nd thought, Surfaris it is.  I also have this Swart thing pictured inbound tomorrow, which should pair well with the green thing.  Is the pedal board too much?

Swart 1.jpg

FB2.jpg

8 hours ago, Greg G said:

I was thinking Ventures tribute band but on 2nd thought, Surfaris it is.  I also have this Swart thing pictured inbound tomorrow, which should pair well with the green thing.  Is the pedal board too much?

Swart 1.jpg

FB2.jpg

Nah - I have a Surf Green BlackBird board...Suhr is nice!  ;)

Here's my latest alleged "surf green" acquisition, a Squier Bullet Telecaster that serves as a shop demo for my custom pickups. I say alleged because Squier doesn't offer the guitar in sonic blue, only "surf green," yet It's the most sonic blue looking "surf green" I've ever seen haha. Under white LED bench lights with very green Tortex pick for reference.

20201220_185638.jpg

20201220_185629.jpg

20201220_185647.jpg

Archived