Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I have officially been expelled from Illinois, Hello Florida!

BadgerDave

Long story short:

I got RIF'd two months ago at the height of the pandemic and just before the Holidays.  I was pretty sure that this was going to be the start of a slow decline into poverty and desperation, but amazingly, I've been reprieved.

On Monday, I accepted a great job offer in Boca Raton, Florida.  So now the panic sets in.  I need to be there, in person, on January 4th.  

Anyone local?

36 minutes ago, django49 said:

How are you with snakes?  😏

I'm fine with snakes as a general concept.  The sneaky ones that suddenly appear without notice terrify me.

DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK IF SQUEEMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/27/asia/thailand-snake-toilet/index.html

4 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

... I accepted a great job offer in Boca Raton, Florida.  So now the panic sets in.  I need to be there, in person, on January 4th.  

Dave, No more guitar swaps in Rockford. 😢 Good luck on your journey!

14 hours ago, kizanski said:

2020 just keeps getting more and more strange.  

Dave went from metropolitan man-about-town to Florida Man in just a few months.  

I was going to say I didn't even know Florida Man was something they advertised for!

Dave, despite the jokes, FLA is a fantastic place to live. While I'm a Jersey-Boy at heart, spent most of my yute growing up there,  I've spent most of my life in FLA and you will  be a happy man. A Florida-Man, but a happy Florida-Man nonetheless!

Congratulations! 

I'm right behind you - as soon as I can get the wife to cut the cord on our youngest.  He's off to college next fall. 

It's time to get to somewhere that it's always warm.  Looking at the Keys...

Outta the frying pan....

Maybe having you down there will class up the joint a little. B) Congrats and good luck!

ETA: Does this mean you'll be DolphinDave now?

2 hours ago, hamerhead said:

ETA: Does this mean you'll be DolphinDave now?

Nope.  I've been BadgerDave in South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota and Illinois. Haven't actually lived in Wisconsin since 1989. I'd still love to spend summers in Madison if I ever retire though.

spacer.png

Welcome! 🤩

I spent a lot of work days in Boca. It's a place. It's actually mostly nice. The wealthier you are, the nicer it is. The women, too, though most of them are thinly veiled prostitutes if they are even remotely hot.

So bring your Bentley.

If you are looking for nightlife, Atlantic Ave in Delray, or south to Ft Liquordale are probably the closest hotspots. You cannot complain about the music scene here, because there isn't any. Occasional restaurant-grade cover bands is about it.

Like everywhere else, it has it's positives and negatives, it's a matter of what you like/can tolerate. Traffic is miserable, but I've never had to shovel heat just to go somewhere. 2 weeks ago was my 25th anniversary of driving down here with a Uhaul, no job, no place to live lined up etc. It's worked out ok for me. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Archived