Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I have officially been expelled from Illinois, Hello Florida!

BadgerDave

Congrats and best of luck.

If single, watch out as the Female FL scammers are something else. Ahhh the stories I could tell, my father lived in Sarasota, passed away last year and the chaos before his passing was something, afterwards what we uncovered was pretty amazing. Hey, maybe I'm naïve and sheltered, maybe that craziness goes on all over the place but as @Tortious stated, there's a whole level of pay to play/extort/return/repeat that happens down there, rope in upset boyfriends, threats, etc. and yeah. No joke. Get your shots and Shields Up!

Enjoy. 

Thanks for the warning, but I won't be participating in that scene.  Mrs. BadgerDave would would kill me (and them) dead.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:58 AM, Drew816 said:

Congrats and best of luck.

If single, watch out as the Female FL scammers are something else. Ahhh the stories I could tell, my father lived in Sarasota, passed away last year and the chaos before his passing was something, afterwards what we uncovered was pretty amazing. Hey, maybe I'm naïve and sheltered, maybe that craziness goes on all over the place but as @Tortious stated, there's a whole level of pay to play/extort/return/repeat that happens down there, rope in upset boyfriends, threats, etc. and yeah. No joke. Get your shots and Shields Up!

Enjoy. 

dafuq?  Is there like an article you can link about this craziness?  I can't resist a good FL story.  

Edit:  I found this, but I figure there's gotta be something more interesting - https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200212/fbi-romance-scammers-swindle-vulnerable-florida-residents-out-of-millions

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

dafuq?  Is there like an article you can link about this craziness?  I can't resist a good FL story.  

Edit:  I found this, but I figure there's gotta be something more interesting - https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200212/fbi-romance-scammers-swindle-vulnerable-florida-residents-out-of-millions

I'll let the FL residents respond to this. I've run across it a few times in my life through those on the edge and I thought they were exaggerating. Then, post my father's death, the interviews with the Sheriff's office, the information we found out from his friends, the digital documentation (yes, including you can imagine what; pics, texts, emails), etc., etc., etc. Men in particular get taken in by this grift and the scams, they get slowly brought into the drama and then they're submerged. No one is going to head to the papers with a story about getting scammed because they answered a prostitution ad on Craig's List or a flirty response on a Dating App let alone all the other chaos that occurs. My father was scammed out of at least $80k in a not so elaborate but close enough scam where the mother and friends would act like the Doctor's office and billing agents, on and on it went; you have no idea. I could seriously write a book on this... What little was supposed to be left for my kids and my sister's was pissed away in these scams, what we got instead were legal threats, foreclosure, the theft of any and everything that couldn't be bolted down including quite a few firearms and burial expenses...

I have a co-worker who's sister is an active participant in these scams in Florida. Good looking, parents give her some money, she has no official "job" but has a nice car and is (well WAS!) always going on expensive trips. My co-worker finally got it out of her what she was up too and to this day remains stunned and disgusted, and keeps yelling at her parents to stop enabling the insanity (of which they don't have a full understanding of). 

I have more, trust me, but saving it for my novel!  😉

There's a lot of this sort of thing: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/crime/fl-pompano-new-temptress-arrest-20140918-story.html

Women pick up guys wearing expensive watches in bars. Pretend to be interested, get back to dude's place, drug and rob him. Most of the time it likely goes unreported due to embarrassment (or marriage).

But even beyond that, the gated community housewife types mostly seem to be angling for how many divorce settlements they can collect on. I know this stuff goes on everywhere, but it seems to be pervasive here.

Lots of scummy, scammy people. I guess they like it here too. 🙃

I handle my parents stuff in florida.   I've spoken to others about this.   There is just a different way of

doing business down there,   could be the transitory nature of the state.   While there are good people down there

you really need to put your spidey senses up.     I also monitored my parents phone for the last year,  you wouldn't

believe the scumbags that crawl from under a rock to target retired folks...     These are not garden variety 

telemarketers who go away nicely,  these are real hardened assholes who will do background research on their

victims.     

1 hour ago, killerteddybear said:

We have a place here that does a curry pizza, that will be fine...

Done, hell I'll send two! And that sounds great by the way. We have a place up on Lake Erie that does a habachi pizza, I know, sounds great, MAN is it good!

Archived