Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bartlett

The Shark

Bartlett and Historic Makeovers Kim Lefleur partnered up to do the "Retro-Spec" guitars and parts.  Bartlett is in Canada and Kim's right here in Lake Mary, FL.  Kim sells the parts and Tom builds guitars.  I don't believe they are affiliated anymore.  

I played one a year ago and have been looking for a good one ever since.  

Tom is a fantastic builder, you're going to love that guitar! When I built my first two guitars (LP style) I used plans that were made by Tom and Peter Shupe. Tom is really into the nitty gritty details and does amazing work. :)

5 hours ago, cynic said:

I'm surprised to see Tom Bartlett is an unknown to some of you.  He's one of a very small handful of builders whose LP replicas are HIGHLY sought after, up there with Derrig, Max, and Yaron.

I hope I see some of these names on my local craigslist so I can use the “it’s not a Gibson bargaining technique”

5 hours ago, cynic said:

I'm surprised to see Tom Bartlett is an unknown to some of you.  He's one of a very small handful of builders whose LP replicas are HIGHLY sought after, up there with Derrig, Max, and Yaron.

I know of Tommy Bartlett and his water show at the Wisconsin Dells. And Bartlett, Illinois. That's about it.

Tommy-Bartlett--__04527.1533635391.1280.1280.jpeg

tb-thankyou.jpeg

images.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

I hope I see some of these names on my local craigslist so I can use the “it’s not a Gibson bargaining technique”

The problem being they sell for more than nearly every Gibson LP made in the last 50 years. 

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

The problem being they sell for more than any Gibson LP made in the last 50 years. 

I’m hoping they won’t know! I’ve bought many nice guitars from sales that no one knew what it was. 

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

I’m hoping they won’t know! I’ve bought many nice guitars from sales that no one knew what it was. 

You'll have to find a widow that never paid attention. Everyone who has guitars from those makers knows exactly what it is. And some of them may or may not say Gibson on them. 👽

A buddy had one custom built. He got off on a wild ass chase after the "ultimate", also acquiring multiple Yarons, Gustavvsons and I forget what else......Hartung, PRS Private Stocks, etc. I forget if he ever concluded what he liked best. Too pricey a quest for me to consider. I DID have a Retrospec "in my cart" a few times, but i backed away.

Will be interested in a report card after you get it in tow.

Archived