Hamer Fan Club Message Center

T Rex LIVE! Wembley Empire Pool 72

bubs_42

Thanks. I have this DVD. My son loved it as a toddler. When he was around 3 we'd put it on and he watched it from start to finish. He did not like the acoustic set though. To soft. But the fact that Marc wore a t-shirt with a picture of himself on the chest blew him away. The DVD has two shows I believe.

edit, here is the evening show. If I remember correctly this movie is directed by Ringo Starr.

Hendrix has a “conga drum guy” (who was trippin’ hard BALLZ!) in the Woodstock film. After twenty minutes of shooting the guy dirty looks, he finally tells him to stop. 

So, yeah, Bolin’s conga guy probably owned the PA. Or, Marc owed him money. 

2 hours ago, RobB said:

Hendrix has a “conga drum guy” (who was trippin’ hard BALLZ!) in the Woodstock film. After twenty minutes of shooting the guy dirty looks, he finally tells him to stop. 

So, yeah, Bolin’s conga guy probably owned the PA. Or, Marc owed him money. 

That is Mickey Finn. He was with Marc from when they called themselves Tyrannosarus Rex and played folk rock. 

"Finn was unable to recreate the complex rhythmical patterns of his predecessor, Steve Peregrin Took, and was effectively hired as much for a visual foil for Bolan as for his drumming. The BBC news commented on this, saying "Marc Bolan was supposed to have said of Finn: 'He can't sing... but he looks superb.'"[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Finn_(drummer)

There are guys who should have stayed longer on earth. I had a T-Rex work out on Qobuz the other day. He created wonderful music. Thanks for posting.

Archived