Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new to this forum as you can probably guess from my posts. After 8 years without a Hamer, I'm looking finally to buy one. 

My only requirement is to be with the slim narrow neck. I would prefer really beaten up instruments because ideally this would be a project guitar. I have a soft spot for Special, Sunburst and Artist models. 

I'm located in Sofia, Bulgaria, which is part of EU. If you are in Europe and you are looking for a sale or if you live in the States and international shipping is not a problem for you, send me a message. 

In terms of payment options, I'm really flexible so let me know what works for you.

Thanks for reading,

Antony

What's up player, I have 2-3 guitars that may interest you, among them this 1981 black and white Special with a slim and narrow neck. I am in Canada. If you don't mind paying the 400 lev or whatever it will end up costing to ship, send me a message !

bwspecial.jpg

44 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

What is the project idea? 

I'm thinking about:

- Sonic Blue colour

- Cream pickguard

- Cream P90 pick ups

- Added binding to the neck

- Added binding to the body

2 hours ago, antonyiv said:

I'm thinking about:

- Sonic Blue colour

- Cream pickguard

- Cream P90 pick ups

- Added binding to the neck

- Added binding to the body

While many of us do not like pickguards, you can do what you want with your guitar. 

You are going to have a fortune invested to do all you have on your list of modifications.  It would be better to have a guitar built with those features. 

Adding binding to the body is going to be your biggest problem.  You will have really thick multi-layer binding or you will have to fill in with some wood. 

While I do not want to kill a sale for GusS, my opinion is that an original graphic finish will be worth more than a modified guitar.  Again, just have a new guitar built.  If you have the skills to do all the modifications yourself then try building what you want.  If you are going to pay someone to do all the work the cost is going to make the guitar more expensive than its resale value.  Some of us have done that. 

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you are going to pay someone to do all the work the cost is going to make the guitar more expensive than its resale value.  Some of us have done that. 

I'm sure I don't know what you mean...

22 hours ago, kizanski said:

That's no project guitar, muchacho.  

The requirement was the slim, narrow neck. The preference was a beater. The ideal was a project. 

Think of guitars like women. We’ve all settled for what was required when we couldn’t obtain the ideal...  😜

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

While I do not want to kill a sale for GusS, my opinion is that an original graphic finish will be worth more than a modified guitar.

PLEASE do not destroy Gus's guitar with a refinish. It's one of one. There are far better - more pedestrian - candidates out there.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:08 PM, antonyiv said:

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new to this forum as you can probably guess from my posts. After 8 years without a Hamer, I'm looking finally to buy one. 

My only requirement is to be with the slim narrow neck. I would prefer really beaten up instruments because ideally this would be a project guitar. I have a soft spot for Special, Sunburst and Artist models. 

I'm located in Sofia, Bulgaria, which is part of EU. If you are in Europe and you are looking for a sale or if you live in the States and international shipping is not a problem for you, send me a message. 

In terms of payment options, I'm really flexible so let me know what works for you.

Thanks for reading,

Antony

This one satisfies your requirements, preferences and ideals. No idea about international shipping, tho...

Archived