Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A guy that was in a band called Piper w/ Billy Squier sent me a photo of his Standard.

79Sunburst

8 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

Here is his 335. Never seen one with 3 humbuckers before either. He recorded the first Piper album on this. I kinda see why he had the tailpiece on the Standard positioned that way. He was used to it on his 335. Using his palm to tremolo the strings.

Yeah, I understood what he was saying, but replace "are" with "and" and you're still a long ways from "perfect sense."

image.png

At least he didn't commit Apostrophe Abuse or evoke a Harvard comma when it wasn't needed.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Yeah, I understood what he was saying, but replace "are" with "and" and you're still a long ways from "perfect sense."

image.png

At least he didn't commit Apostrophe Abuse or evoke a Harvard comma when it wasn't needed.

I hate the people that insist that it is the Oxford comma. 

I remember when Ted Nugent  put down his byrdland as started using  the 2nd Gen Howard Roberts Fusion guitar  (that had F-holes) he also did the same to move the tailpiece further back  to do the palm bending of the strings. 

Cool Standard!!

Nugent Fusion.jpg

4 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

Here is his 335. Never seen one with 3 humbuckers before either. He recorded the first Piper album on this. I kinda see why he had the tailpiece on the Standard positioned that way. He was used to it on his 335. Using his palm to tremolo the strings. 

Screenshot_20201225-155130.png

And an iSub to boot...this pic goes to “11”

I like the look of the middle humbucker. Does anyone have any ideas how to make and mount a dummy middle humbucker just for looks and a way to mount it with an adhesive that won't affect the finish? I'm thinking a fake hiumbucker without copper wraps where the bobbins only show. It would be very light that way. 

I got it. Take a piece of black styrofoam cut to fit inside a mounting ring. Remove the bobbins from a cheap cream DiMarzio style pickup and mount or glue them to the styro.  Place clear  thin double sided tape strips around the base of the ring and slap it on. Happy fake humbucking. 

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

image.png

Harvard Comma v. Oxford Comma.  I'm lost...

17 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Harvard Comma v. Oxford Comma.  I'm lost...

It's the same thing. Example: "My Standard, Steve Stevens-1 and Chaparral could use fret jobs"

At Harvard and Oxford it is considered correct to write: " My Standard, Steve Stevens-1, and Chaparral could use fret jobs". 

11 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

It's the same thing. Example: "My Standard, Steve Stevens-1 and Chaparral could use fret jobs"

At Harvard and Oxford it is considered correct to write: " My Standard, Steve Stevens-1, and Chaparral could use fret jobs". 

Yes.  I know.

12 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

Oxford commas are like the Ugg boots of the punctuation world. People either love them or hate them or don't know what they are.”

Some of you may remember this from the news recently.  A perfect example of when it is needed.  

"The highlights of his waning administration include encounters with Rudy Giuliani, a healthcare disaster and a dildo collector."

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

Some of you may remember this from the news recently.  A perfect example of when it is needed.  

"The highlights of his waning administration include encounters with Rudy Giuliani, a healthcare disaster and a dildo collector."

Oakhurst Dairy will insist there are at least five million reasons to use them.

10 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

Yeah sure, like HE went to Harvard!

Kizanski and I have discussed the Oxford Comma on more than one occasion here on this forum.  That's one of the reasons I hang around here.  Some of the chaps are fairly educated...

On 12/22/2020 at 2:55 AM, RobB said:

Piper is a cool band. I think Bill Aucoin managed them briefly. Similar to Sweeney Todd (Nick Gilder). Canada had some good bands in the 70s. 

You're saying the Canada thing for Sweeny Todd, right?  Piper was from New England.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:22 AM, 79Sunburst said:

...I saw them open for KISS in 1978 and he had it so I am assuming it is a 76-78

24 minutes ago, tommy p said:

You're saying the Canada thing for Sweeny Todd, right?  Piper was from New England.

Funny... I saw a band called "New England" open for KISS in 1980.

Archived