Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Should I be worried?

Peter Studio Custom

Question

Hello Hamer Experts

The neck joint on my Studio looks like it has some glue that is built up outside the neck joint.  I bought this guitar used probably in 2002 or 2003 so I have owned a long time and it’s a 2001 production,

Guitar stays in tune and I have not noticed any movement.  Should I be worried?  Anyone have a similar issue?  Could this have been. Repair prior to my purchase?

the finish does not look altered so assume this is the way it left the factory.

thanks for the help!

262EEECA-808E-44E4-BE60-5850F542B7E5.jpeg

17 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Peter Studio Custom said:

Hello Hamer Experts

The neck joint on my Studio looks like it has some glue that is built up outside the neck joint.  I bought this guitar used probably in 2002 or 2003 so I have owned a long time and it’s a 2001 production,

Guitar stays in tune and I have not noticed any movement.  Should I be worried?  Anyone have a similar issue?  Could this have been. Repair prior to my purchase?

the finish does not look altered so assume this is the way it left the factory.

thanks for the help!

262EEECA-808E-44E4-BE60-5850F542B7E5.jpeg

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Peter Studio Custom said:

Several years I had a tech tell me the guitar may be failing but i felt like he didn’t know what he was talking about.....

You found a tech that had never seen a Hamer before.  They're out there.

That's how you know it is a real Hamer USA lol. Nobody goes to the trouble to fake the lack of finish adhering to the glue overkill. The only more conclusive verification  of a Hamer USA is a big old greasy white fingerprint under the clearcoat (aka "deep dish pizza day in the spray booth" lol).

Archived