Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Korina JR neck measurements

Travis

So I’ve read that the Korina Jr necks were of the “vintage” carve

Does anyone have the neck measurements of that particular carve?  Nut width, thickness at 1st fret and 12th, etc?

I had an early 2000’s artist Korina with a killer thick neck that I would love to get back. Currently I’ve got a couple of Allparts necks with a .97-1.0” 1st-12th fret thickened measurements. LOVE those fat necks. 

Can anyone tell me what the Jr necks are like..?

I have a bcr junior so not the same, i suspect.  Neck on the bcr is bigger than an 80s Strat but not chunky at all.  I’d say on the small side of medium.  That said, happy to take measurements and see how far off my “feel” is, if it will help you.

Not sure how to adjust for strings since I did not loosen them, just a quick measure with them on.  Got .91 and .95 at 1 and 12.  Feels like a c down low.   So something a little thinner than that.  Maybe .89 and .93?  So I guess that is prob a medium to most?  

3 hours ago, stedge said:

Not sure how to adjust for strings since I did not loosen them, just a quick measure with them on.  Got .91 and .95 at 1 and 12.  Feels like a c down low.   So something a little thinner than that.  Maybe .89 and .93?  So I guess that is prob a medium to most?  

Thanks so much for doing that!  I really appreciate it. And yes, correcting for the thickness of the strings, I would probably call that a medium carve as well. That does help me make a decision to be more likely to seek out a Korina Jr over a BCR, for the neck alone. 

Ok...  I did a little more deep diving and found an old listing on reverb that stated the vintage carve measured at .900" - .960"

So, if that’s accurate then it’s just a fraction thinner than the Allparts FAT necks which I love while also noticeably bigger than my Mirage necks which are a straight up mid 90’s medium. Should be a good fit for me. 

If one would come up again for sale at a fair price i would buy it. Not derailing thread pls. Just commenting on goodness and my own dingbatishness for not grabbing previously. Such is life. Do the opposite of whatever i do in the market! 

2 hours ago, crunchee said:

Buy 'em both.  If you don't like one, you can always sell.

I like the way you think!

Archived