Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Centauras , Diablos, or Vintage S's for sale?

1 hour ago, FreezingPoint said:

I'd a good combo, I'd know...

Hopefully it works out for you!

spacer.png

Ugh. She's beautiful. 

Green Diablos with maple boards are pretty rare, so congrats on that.  Ebony boards are nice too lol...

There might be an iridescent Centaura with maple board and OBLs down in the woodpile. Gotta go take a look sometime...

diablo.png

1 hour ago, stonge said:

Green Diablos with maple boards are pretty rare, so congrats on that.  Ebony boards are nice too lol...

There might be an iridescent Centaura with maple board and OBLs down in the woodpile. Gotta go take a look sometime...

diablo.png

I agree the transparent green is gorgeous.

The one I thought was the most beautiful, tho, had a reddish pao ferro fretboard. Something about the non-paint red contrasting with the green was just gorgeous.  Which I had thought to take/keep a good picture...

1 hour ago, stonge said:

diablo.png

OK, newbie hamer question. I saw these when I was young and liked em'for no reason (lol) , but what are those hamer pickups with the square pole pieces? Im sure they are not actually hamer pickups? PS- the ebony fretboard is beautiful as well! 

the square pole pickups are Duncan Parallel Axis Trembuckers which were used in some cases back in the day (can't recall if the Diablo has a PATB-1 or a Blues Saraceno model in it - it was there when I got it).

I use GIMP - I open the photo, crop as needed, Image->Scale Image (reduce to 1440x1080 or something similar), then export to .png format. I'm trying to make the images reasonably sized (who needs to see the dust specs in the original hi-rez lol) for ease of download (and there is/was a photo size limit on this board I thought).

34 minutes ago, Cuda75 said:

OK, newbie hamer question. I saw these when I was young and liked em'for no reason (lol) , but what are those hamer pickups with the square pole pieces? Im sure they are not actually hamer pickups? PS- the ebony fretboard is beautiful as well! 

I'm by no means an expert, but my current understanding is that at some point, Hamer switched from Dimarzio to unlabeled Seymour Duncans.  Early on, it was usually a Jeff Beck/59 or Jeff Beck/Jazz combo, later on, it could be Phat Cats, Seth Lovers, or anything. 

Again, not an expert, but I remember seeing the Parallel Axis pickups first and mostly on Californian Elites.  So I think that was stock.

Having this in a Diablo, since it doesn't have the Seymour Duncan name on the pickup, I'd guess that's how it came from the Hamer factory, but I could be 100% wrong.  The point is, tho, that just because a pickup looks funky doesn't mean it wasn't originally from the factory like that.  You have to ask.

20 hours ago, Madchester said:

That green one has been on CL for a long time, it looks nice even with the crappy pics!

I have reached out to the seller for Cuda, crickets so far.

2 hours ago, stonge said:

the square pole pickups are Duncan Parallel Axis Trembuckers which were used in some cases back in the day (can't recall if the Diablo has a PATB-1 or a Blues Saraceno model in it - it was there when I got it).

I use GIMP - I open the photo, crop as needed, Image->Scale Image (reduce to 1440x1080 or something similar), then export to .png format. I'm trying to make the images reasonably sized (who needs to see the dust specs in the original hi-rez lol) for ease of download (and there is/was a photo size limit on this board I thought).

Got it and got it! Thanks!  OK, here goes. Here is my Hamer Diablo 

rsz_acd.jpg

Just now, Cuda75 said:

Got it and got it! Thanks!  OK, here goes. Here is my Hamer Diablo 

rsz_acd.jpg

I think if Hamer left the birds eye maple as the actual fretboard would have been killer! 

Yes, the guy is not very nice. PS notice the non schaller / hamer floyd rose. Look carefully at the string lock screw placement on that OFR.  Use that OFR like EVH and that diablo will be hurting. Lol. 

Archived