Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Been a helluva year.

tomteriffic

I just threw a handful of glitter out the back door of the 4321. The squirrels are going to be confused, but that's some serious mojo headed your way. I'm reserving the best seat in the house at the 4321 for your arrival!

13 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Like the subject line says... Not to be left out, I had a pretty good stroke on Christmas day, mostly affecting my left side.  I'm in a rehab unit now and will be for a couple of weeks.  As  for future guitaring, I'm hopeful, but that all still remains to be seen. If, after the year it has been, you have any leftover prayers/mojo/vibes/fucks to give, send them over, would ya?

Thx TT

For a fellow HFCer and Hamer fan, I'll go find some fucks to give! Good vibes and mojo being sent your way, TT. Hope you recover quickly and fully.

14 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

How is your speech? 

Remember Matt Mattson used a guitar to get back some control after having a stroke. 

Speech is fine, Steve.  I sang "won't back down" in the ER. Came out OK, although the "Heeey Baby" bit was a stretch.  It always is, so there's that. I remember Matt doing that and how it helped.  Maybe if I sing a lot it'll help my left hand??

14 hours ago, m chops said:

Jeez.  Recover well, please.

Prayers, positive vibes, and whatever else you need.

A special thanks, Ben.  I keep getting asked about your work (living wills, medical POA's, etc.)  I respond proudly in the affirmative and mention you.  I'm glad you thought of that stuff.

Best wishes and you can have all the fuck’s I have left over!! I lost feeling in my left hand after spinal surgery for cancer. I kept playing guitar daily as I couldn’t walk anywhere and before I knew it I was back to as shitty as I was before! So keep plugging!! Another thing that helped me immensely was aqua therapy!  Great for gaining movement!! 
God Speed with your recovery!!   

Archived