Hamer Fan Club Message Center

An obvious mid-life crisis purchase...

The Shark

1 minute ago, JohnZ said:

If this is a mlcp I have been there in my mid 40s 😞 I still have a Jackson Fusion - spandex snake skin...

I have one of the "Bikini Beach" Fusions, and I will never sell it, even if it looks like it was airbrushed by a horny eighth grader with questionable artistic skills. 

Rockin’ a Jackson!! No Problem!! They are great guitars and for a while kinda fell out of favor for other booteek offerings. Great guitars just the same!! Nice Score!!

Love it!  I dig Jacksons, and have had one in my collection since the mid-80's.  I've got 2 now, a 1993 Japanese JTX that is one of the best guitars I've ever owned (especially banng-for-the buck) and a 2011 (first year) USA Adrian Smith model since I LOVE strat-head Jacksons:

Jackson 1993 JTX Guitar.JPG

2011 Jackson USA Adrian Smith Model.JPG

41 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Neck-through, reverse headstock, and a double-hum configuration for the win. 

Congrats!! That is badass looking!!!

That's damn close to win in my book. Moving the volume knob a bit back towards the tail end, a proper toggle switch and a recessed floating Floyd would make it a win.

Curious- is that a custom order or limited run order? While by no means am I anything of an authority on Jacksons, I have watched to see what they were putting out but I don't remember seeing this model in the last 5 or so years. They had a SL model years ago that had the non-recessed trem but the volume knob was further out of the way and don't think it was a reversed head stock. Might have been a limited run or a select series.

12 hours ago, crunchee said:

Nice Jackson, Jackson (yeah, ancient slang, but it fits)! Congrats!  Skip the Spandex, go straight to the Zubaz website, they're roomier with more 'give' (no affiliation, BTW):

https://zubaz.com/

Funny you mention Zubaz.  I played softball with a guy that knew the Road Warriors (a professional wrestling tag team).  I believe they started Zubaz.  Joe Laurenitis was the guy's name.  I think they're both dead now.

24 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Congrats!! That is badass looking!!!

That's damn close to win in my book. Moving the volume knob a bit back towards the tail end, a proper toggle switch and a recessed floating Floyd would make it a win.

Curious- is that a custom order or limited run order? While by no means am I anything of an authority on Jacksons, I have watched to see what they were putting out but I don't remember seeing this model in the last 5 or so years. They had a SL model years ago that had the non-recessed trem but the volume knob was further out of the way and don't think it was a reversed head stock. Might have been a limited run or a select series.

It's a 1988.

1 minute ago, The Shark said:

It's a 1988.

Jumpin' Jeebus! That is stupid CLEAN for an '88!! 😲 That would explain why I hadn't seen anything like it in the production or limited edition runs. WOW!!!!

Very cool. I've owned several over the years, #0357 (Black 2 Hum/Kahler Soloist) and the one really regret selling was a Tele neck-through in the 21xx range. The necks on these always do me in, too thin at the 1st but that Tele was slightly fatter, H/S/S but it was heavy. At the time I thought "...ah, there will be others..." And well, that was what 13-15 years ago?! I owned two Jackson Stratheads over time, one wood-burn and the other Jackson logoed (Charvel neck) that was a parts guitar. Also a slightly fatter neck, again, same idiotic mistake! I still have my Charvel Strathead though with the original EVH neck profile (fatter than normal Charvel and 1 5/8th nut).

Rock on, just no pics of you in your spandex while playing please.

Archived