Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2020 Shishkovs - Let's see best part of this year!

hamerhead

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

I'm still having no luck posting pictures. What pickups are you currently running? 

On IMGUR you just right click and copy and paste.  They made it so easy, I couldn't figure it out until someone on TGP told me!

8 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

It appears that I have to use the "Direct" Link. Everything else that was suggested does not work. 

I wonder what case i'm going to get with 0105? 0070 has a cool blonde/tweed tolex, and 0090 has Carbon Fiber. 

VDpQXxp.jpg

bqoQZYA.jpg

GnmJ3cu.jpg

I don't know if it matters, but I have to actually click on each picture to open that specific pic into it's own screen and then right click, copy and paste.

An AMAZING Shishkov year for me!!!

NnQsNXZ.jpg

XZVPueP.jpg

Always worth the wait.

The worst part is, once the guitar ships, you miss the regular contact with Mike - who is the nicest guy ever.

4 hours ago, atomicwash said:

NnQsNXZ.jpg

XZVPueP.jpg

Always worth the wait.

The worst part is, once the guitar ships, you miss the regular contact with Mike - who is the nicest guy ever.

That's part of the hook.  You get to order MORE!  :D

On 12/31/2020 at 9:28 PM, atomicwash said:

NnQsNXZ.jpg

XZVPueP.jpg

Always worth the wait.

Those guitars WOW!!

• 4 weeks later...

0091 was originally planned with a 3x3 headstock.  Once Mike got the body shape on paper and mocked it up with an existing neck, we both agreed the 6-in-line headstock flowed better with the body.

Went from this:

SGUZqqhh.jpg

BrJGftvh.jpg 

to this:

wGDUptqh.jpg

and this:

jnjaBJG.jpgd8j2Md1h.jpg

I was dying once I saw the pics of the carved top, and the body paired with the neck:

7UeLNDsh.jpg

dcU2dPxh.jpg

Then the paint:

l0TVFMJh.jpg?5

qIWttCc.jpg?1

Then the reveal:

mzldvzvh.jpgn3ZjTnc.jpg

4XaELal.jpg

Y61KwSdh.jpg

10 minutes ago, soli'd said:

0091 was originally planned with a 3x3 headstock.  Once Mike got the body shape on paper and mocked it up with an existing neck, we both agreed the 6-in-line headstock flowed better with the body.

Yes, that was the wise choice.  Well done.

One other point I forgot to mention is how great of a job @JGravelin did on the pickups.  The bridge pickup has two taps activated by a pull pot, when the pot is down it's vintagey 7.7K, when pulled it goes to 9.1, which gives a bump in volume and shifts the upper mid-range a bit, nice for a little gas on leads or big crunchy chords. Thanks, Josh!

This one gets all my time these days. 

7 hours ago, veatch said:

Love the Shishkov take on thumbnail inlays. 

Everything about that guitar is right. Well done!

Yessir!

On 12/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, hamerhead said:

From this:

4Top.jpg

To this:

74.jpeg

If yours arrived in 2020, let's see it!

I really like the way the mineral stain spills over the edges and you see it under the red stain then natural.

17 hours ago, HSB0531 said:

I really like the way the mineral stain spills over the edges and you see it under the red stain then natural.

As I understand it, you can see the grain even more clearly at the edge in one spot recently 😜 

(sorry @hamerhead, I couldn't resist).

Archived