Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar sales

spanky

Hi folks - Just wondering if any of you have noticed a slowdown of used guitar sales the past two months? The ones I put on Reverb and local were moving ok until November but after Thanksgiving not so much.  I could reduce prices, but even offers seem to have dried up. Bad time to be selling??...hard economic times, shipping concerns, people reducing rather than acquiring, focus on health and safety...etc..

2 hours ago, spanky said:

Hi folks - Just wondering if any of you have noticed a slowdown of used guitar sales the past two months? The ones I put on Reverb and local were moving ok until November but after Thanksgiving not so much.  I could reduce prices, but even offers seem to have dried up. Bad time to be selling??...hard economic times, shipping concerns, people reducing rather than acquiring, focus on health and safety...etc..

I have never done well selling between Thanksgiving and New Years. I think most people have other things going and music equipment gets the back burner. Except if bought as a gift.

2 hours ago, Drew816 said:

Yep, bad time of year to be selling regardless of Covid chaos. 

I used to be wait for tax refunds to start to show up to list, not sure how that might work out this year though. 

This. 

It happens every year, it is just a part of the cycle. We hit a post Christmas uptick, then you will see TAX Money, and now possibly the Stimulus Money. I have already said that since 2020 was a banter year for guitar sales, 2021/2022 should be a market flood of used guitars. 

between the porch pirates, holiday and carrier delays I wouldn't be surprised if people are holding off,   I have two $300 plus item

sitting in a usps truck god knows where.  aint buying shit until those two items are cleared up...      

On 12/31/2020 at 1:02 PM, killerteddybear said:

Delayed stimulus checks!

Yeah but, doesn't look like as much as the last one.  Too bad, was eye ballin' a Special this time around. Last purchase took my whole kitty stash !

Archived