Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'm back, baby!

3 hours ago, django49 said:

Yes, that would do. Or just a sponge that you squeeze like you are kneading dough by hand. I broke my little finger two years ago. When I went to rehabilitation they gave me a small square sponge. I have it on my desk at work and I still use it. Good for hand strength.

02dcd191-ae2a-11e7-edd8-062f29d0d9c5_01_

It should not be to soft though

I also have this metallic spring thing, like a small handle, that I squeeze to train my fretting hand. A strong left hand makes me play so much better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 10:57 AM, specialk said:

GREAT goddam news, Tom! Count each victory, and when it's all over you will thank your PT person. Yeah, the same person you silently curse now. 🙂

Boy, you ain't just a kiddin'.  I think the world of my PT folks, both at the inpatient and now the outpatient.  They're tops in my book, even if they're mean as hell.  To show my appreciation, I'm going to get them each a pin-on golden name tag that says "Sadistic Ogre" in some kind of a flowery cursive font. 😅

1 minute ago, gtrdaddy said:

Keep on keepin' on Tom!

Have you made the gym yet? 

I'm doing outpatient therapy at the sports medicine dept. of the hospital and have a whole gang of home therapy stuff for legs, balance hand and upper body.  That said, I'm now cleared to drive (!!!) and can start making it over to the gym to do some of the machine stuff they've been inflicting on me at the hospital.  They open at 7 and since only half of the machines are available (social distancing), I think that may be my best shot at getting 'er done.

Archived