Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Lovepedal day

Travis

Last week I put out a feeler for an Eternity Burst hardwired based on the recommendation of  our own @gtrdaddy.  Jamie has graciously let me bend his ear several a times on tone chasing and has given me some fantastic advice. This time was no different. I picked up the Eternity Burst thanks to @Hbomwho answered the call and sent me the pedal fresh from the Last Frontier. Thanks so much guys!

It arrived yesterday, two days before USPS tracking said it would arrive. I got to spend about an hour with it today. Running into the front of my Budda SuperDrive 30, I went from guitar into a Fulltone fat boost with the drive maxed out. Into the clean channel that gave me a fantastic AC/DC rhythm tone.  For the drive channel I kept the gain on the amp around 9:00 and stacked the fat boost into the eternity burst. Gain on the eternity burst is around 9:00 also, volume to match and the “glass” knob at 12:00. (Delay and reverb in the loop.)

With the fat boost drive maxed and the gain low on both the overdrive and the amp, I’m still at a medium gain overall but the saturation and harmonic overtones are increased dramatically. 

Will definitely need to spend some more time with it to tailor it to taste but I was able to get some really good tone from it almost immediately.

I can tell already the Eternity Burst is going to be a keeper. I didn’t put any Velcro on it to affix it to my pedalboard yet, but the next time I get to play around with it, I’ll be doing that first. 

Did we ever figure what the deal was with Lovepedal or are we still not permitted to discuss that without a secret decoder ring?

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Did we ever figure what the deal was with Lovepedal or are we still not permitted to discuss that without a secret decoder ring?

I’ve not got a clue. This is my first experience with a Lovepedal product outside of reading all of you guys’ rave reviews. 

Based on the minimal amount of time I’ve had with the Eternity Burst, I’d have absolutely no issues trying another one of their products. Altho, that might be more likely on the used market given the stuff I’ve seen come up about them here. 

9 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Nope.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:28 AM, cmatthes said:

Yes, and once the cipher was translated, the answer was "Buy more Lovepedal."

spacer.png

On 1/5/2021 at 12:28 AM, cmatthes said:

Sean the owner told me via email in Feb 2020 he was getting divorced....that was my last comment with him....so none of his have a secret decoder ring...,lol...it has been nearly a year with no comment so.....I am simply assuming  , sadly, LP is done.

23 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Sean the owner told me via email in Feb 2020 he was getting divorced....that was my last comment with him....so none of his have a secret decoder ring...,lol...it has been nearly a year with no comment so.....I am simply assuming  , sadly, LP is done.

After the sheets are divided, maybe there is a second act. Seems to do no one much good if a revenue source dies..... If a typical divorce settlement is in order......Hatepedeal anyone? Splitsville?

It would be a shame to permanently lose a good resource for gear.

On 1/5/2021 at 10:07 AM, mrjamiam said:

Wasn't it a D-I-V-O-R-C-E?

Let me preface this by saying I have no inside info, and I haven't dug any deeper or checked since August...

From my amateur sleuthing and Google-foo, searching the public records in Michigan back when this conversation started (first out of fear Sean was a covid casualty), it was, with minor children involved, which is why I didn't feel it was my place to reveal anything. I assumed there was a gag-order or some court order to stop all communication from company accounts and activity while valuation and division of assets was going on, which is why he went dark so suddenly. There were two filings or complaints I found, one from each side, which I took to mean this was far from amicable, and likely to take a while. I didn't think it would be this long.

Almost a year since things went dark, and still no updates or response to emails, I figure I can say that much without feeling too guilty. It is all in public records, after all. I do hope it gets (or got) resolved for the kid's (or kids') sake, and we get access to his (new) products again, though I doubt it will be with the same personnel or under the same name after all this time. Can't imagine they haven't sought other employment by now, but I think a lot of what we love about Lovepedals came from Sean's ear, so I hope he starts a new venture when the dust settles if he can't restart the original operation.

Agree with @joshoowah, Sean’s ear matches mine. He creates pedals that sound the way I want them to sound. If he returns to the business I’ll buy from him again in a NY minute. He always took good care of me as a customer and I loved that he was accessible and part of the Lovepedal thread community on TGP. I hope he comes back.

I've heard about the divorce thing and definitely feel for Sean over that. But I can't help but wonder if the whole thing just got out of control for LovePedal. I was only around for a couple of years at the end. But it seemed that the whole SNS thing might have gotten too crazy. In late '17 the sales would go through a few hundred pedals. By the end of '19 it had grown a bunch. Orders placed 2 days apart would show 2-3 thousand orders placed in between. The last run I saw of the Red Moon Tchula was bought out by one guy who bought all that were left to resell on Reverb. I don't think that was part of the plan. And I think Sean was upset that it went that way.

There were also a lot more problems with pedals the last few months. I think that the increase in sales caused him to bring in more outside help and the qc wasn't as high as it had been. I never had any problems with any Lovepedal, but there were more and more complaints by the end of '19.

It will be a year in a day or so since the end and I do miss the sales. But I still have most of my pedals and I made a number of good friends because of MAGICboy and his pedals. Life goes on.

3 hours ago, Hbom said:

The last run I saw of the Red Moon Tchula was bought out by one guy who bought all that were left to resell on Reverb. I don't think that was part of the plan. And I think Sean was upset that it went that way.

He didn’t get ALL of them.   I got one on the last run a year ago, and they hadn’t been a sale item for quite some time.

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

He didn’t get ALL of them.   I got one on the last run a year ago, and they hadn’t been a sale item for quite some time.

I got 1 too. A Red Red. But SM said on his Instagram page that someone had taken all that was left of the batch. Just the way he worded it I didn't think he was happy with it. That was just before LP went quiet.

The JTM Landed this past week and I surprised at first that it didn't sound like what I thought it would. Then I realized that it was a good thing, more useful, lower gain boost, with a touch of compression around the notes, but still very open. It sounds pretty naked in front of the Carmen Ghia. 

Archived