Hamer Fan Club Message Center

KISS / 2020 Goodbye on New Year’s Eve Full Concert. Pretty cool virtual concert. Watch it before Gene finds out it's on Utube.

• Ting Ho Dung changed the title to KISS / 2020 Goodbye on New Year’s Eve Full Concert. Pretty cool virtual concert. Watch it before Gene finds out it's on Utube.

This pains me to see. Really does. These guys (well, 2 of 'em anyway) were my idols as a tween/teenager. Even as I grew to listen to more diverse selection of music and discovered their ugly reality- studio edits/overdubs of Alive, crass marketing and commercialization-  I still loved what they represented (for me). Good on them that they still have it to get up there and rock out (sort of) but it's just... sad to hear and see one's childhood heroes like this.

1 minute ago, diablo175 said:

...sad to hear and see one's childhood heroes like this.

That's the way I feel about Townshend and Daltrey.
Please. Just. Stop.
There is no more "The Who."  Hasn't been for a long, long time.

53 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Please. Just. Stop.

Not since the Ox died.

59 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

This pains me to see. Really does. These guys (well, 2 of 'em anyway) were my idols as a tween/teenager. Even as I grew to listen to more diverse selection of music and discovered their ugly reality- studio edits/overdubs of Alive, crass marketing and commercialization-  I still loved what they represented (for me). Good on them that they still have it to get up there and rock out (sort of) but it's just... sad to hear and see one's childhood heroes like this.

Man, wish I was able to sling a guitar like Paul did at the end of RRAN. I can't even put up a gallon of water on the shelf without excruciating pain in my shoulder(s). 

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Not since the Ox died.

You could make the argument that it was when Moon died, but the Ox's passing should have been the resolution of any persisting debate.

47 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Man, wish I was able to sling a guitar like Paul did at the end of RRAN. I can't even put up a gallon of water on the shelf without excruciating pain in my shoulder(s). 

I hear that. But hearing Paul's vocals was enough to convince me that he might have been better off celebrating new years eve quietly at home. :P

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

You could make the argument that it was when Moon died, but the Ox's passing should have been the resolution of any persisting debate.

I just wish Zak Starkey could've jumped in after Keith passed away as he's the closest they've had since, so much better than Kenny Jones!!!  Can't stand his boring drumming...  

57 minutes ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

I just wish Zak Starkey could've jumped in after Keith passed away as he's the closest they've had since, so much better than Kenny Jones!!!  Can't stand his boring drumming...  

I preferred Simon Phillips, but for the same reason.  Kenny Jones could have been replaced with a metronome.  And the metronome would have been more interesting.   

1 hour ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

He was 13 when Moon died. WIYF.

8 hours ago, kizanski said:

Please. Just. Stop.

That's basically what Townshend said after the show I saw in Atlanta in 1989, when we were asking for another encore.  He said it wasn't what it used to be, and told the crowd to go home.  He didn't offer to refund our tickets, though.

4 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

That's basically what Townshend said after the show I saw in Atlanta in 1989, when we were asking for another encore.  He said it wasn't what it used to be, and told the crowd to go home.  He didn't offer to refund our tickets, though.

Right.  ...and 32 years and I don't know how many farewell tours later....

Here's an excerpt from a May 2012 interview with Lemmy about aging bands still performing.

The band continues to purvey its pulverizing music, and plans to record a new studio album in January of 2013. While Kilmister turned recently turned 67, somehow, one can’t envision Motörhead lurching into the senior-citizen bracket while becoming a parody of itself.

“That’s a terrible thing to watch, y’know?” he said of certain other aggregations. “That ain’t gonna happen to this band.”

Archived