Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'm recording some rhythm tracks tonight, using my Slammer Series Sunburst. Take ! was "close", but had a couple of glaring missed notes, one in the first verse and one in the second.  Psyching myself up for Take 2, I suddenly remembered that I recently purchased a new strap that I never put on the guitar.  I dug it out of the drawer and replaced the aged black leather strap that's been on the guitar for several years.

I then proceed to nail Take 2.

Sometimes, you just have to set the universe right, and things work out on their own.  In this case, it was just a matter of making sure i had the right strap for the guitar.  Magic.

210104_New_Strap_s.jpg

Edited by Rich_S
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

Nothing to add to it really. Tis the reason I rarely use leather straps. Actually mostly prefer kind of the same checkerboard straps. They seem to be stiffer than others. B) 

• Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 8:32 PM, Rich_S said:

Sometimes, you just have to set the universe right, and things work out on their own.  In this case, it was just a matter of making sure i had the right strap for the guitar.  Magic.

Agreed.

I have several nice leather Jeri Hart and a couple nice Couch straps. Certain guitars need them to feel right, as @Rich_Ssaid above.