Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Many thanks to stedge

mudshark

The man mailed me a Pedaltrain pedal board for free; he even told me not to worry about the shipping when I told him I'd cover the shipping. It's great to see some things about the HFC never change. When I first joined the HFC in 2002, I posted that I was looking for a screw for a  bridge saddle on a T-51, and HHB had me one in the mail just like that. This is hands down the best guitar site I've seen.

Thanks again, stedge.

6 hours ago, mudshark said:

The man mailed me a Pedaltrain pedal board for free; he even told me not to worry about the shipping when I told him I'd cover the shipping. It's great to see some things about the HFC never change. When I first joined the HFC in 2002, I posted that I was looking for a screw for a  bridge saddle on a T-51, and HHB had me one in the mail just like that. This is hands down the best guitar site I've seen.

Thanks again, stedge.

Buy, I sure could use a spare Yamaha PAC 502V Custom anyone has sitting around doing nothing.

1 hour ago, JGale said:

^^^^Ooooo...they are pretty!

spacer.png

It's not just the look, it's the tone.

They are stacked P90s, and the 502V Custom has them wired with the switch being parallel/series. Soren Anderson gets some BEAUTIFUL tones from that:

But I finally decided that I love the PAC 611 HFM so much (Custom Custom in the bridge, with a coil split push/pull knob, regular Seymour Duncan P90 in the neck), that I decided to go with a cheap used PAC 611 VFM instead.

If I ever get a chance to audition for a gig again, the PAC 611s are probably my gigging guitars.  GREAT tones, neck & bridge volume very balanced, perfect neck, big frets that make articulation easy, perfectly balanced guitar.

I'm really jonesing for a Diablo due to the truly unique playing feel of those guitars.  I miss that Dimarzio 36th anniv-equipped Aztec Gold one I had, particularly because it had coil splits *and* had been converted to stainless steel frets done so well they looked factory installed.

And that would probably be my gigging and recording stable, supplemented by some sentimental guitars, like the B-Way Mercury Head (that I cherish too much to gig) and the Kammerers.

Archived