Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Neil Young Cashes In

specialk

I’m not a music attorney by any measure. But don’t Royalties stop or diminish after so many years? 
Our Hero’s are aging. They might need expensive cars and girlfriends!  
These are the times when you live everyday like it might be your last!! It might be!!

This mess was sponsored by the no green bananas older than dirt thumb on an iphone group.

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

I’m not a music attorney by any measure. But don’t Royalties stop or diminish after so many years? 
Our Hero’s are aging. They might need expensive cars and girlfriends!  
These are the times when you live everyday like it might be your last!! It might be!!

This mess was sponsored by the no green bananas older than dirt thumb on an iphone group.

Courtesy of Disney, writers rights extend to the life of the author plus 50 years, I believe.  I don't know how that applies to corporate entities.

4 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

Courtesy of Disney, writers rights extend to the life of the author plus 50 years, I believe.  I don't know how that applies to corporate entities.

Works the same for anyone who holds the copyright. 

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

Copyrights run out.  The royalties remain the same until then. 

Television actors see diminishing payments for reruns.  Years ago they got half of what they initially got paid when a show was first rerun, then half of that for the next rerun, then half of that, and so on.  An appearance on Gilligan's Island or Star Trek now pays pennies per decade. 

3 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Hey, clones aren't cheap. Just sayin'...

Sir we have your new body! But we’ll need your brain... 

who know’s... maybe someday....

Wow... just wow. This is all about providing legacy income to future generations or a younger wife needing to maintain a “standard of living” well past the life of their provider spouse.

That’s what the wealthy upper class do... give their future generations a “leg up” on their peers through generational wealth.

Either way you slice it... he’s a hypocrite and a solid gold douche. He crafted his career through his integrity while generating his income and “value” as an artist based on this integrity. Yet when push came to shove, his integrity was an illusion and part of his stage act.

Pathetic on all counts. I never owned any of his music... I couldn’t avoid it on the radio and my Dad’s 2nd wife loved his music so I was exposed to it through her during my childhood and teenage years.

Dead Man is brilliant but I find it hard to believe he doesn’t get royalties from that soundtrack... it’s called living within your means... pay off your house(s), vehicles and invest in renewable and sustainable energy like solar panels to provide a low to no cost utility bill... build a greenhouse and a chicken coop... ALL of one’s future money problems when elderly can be easily solved through wise investment during one’s years earning a substantial income as a younger person.

Young is a sell out... so are the other artists in the article. Fuck em’ all.

7 minutes ago, zenmindbeginner said:

Wow... just wow. This is all about providing legacy income to future generations or a younger wife needing to maintain a “standard of living” well past the life of their provider spouse.

That’s what the wealthy upper class do... give their future generations a “leg up” on their peers through generational wealth.

Either way you slice it... he’s a hypocrite and a solid gold douche. He crafted his career through his integrity while generating his income and “value” as an artist based on this integrity. Yet when push came to shove, his integrity was an illusion and part of his stage act.

Pathetic on all counts. I never owned any of his music... I couldn’t avoid it on the radio and my Dad’s 2nd wife loved his music so I was exposed to it through her during my childhood and teenage years.

Dead Man is brilliant but I find it hard to believe he doesn’t get royalties from that soundtrack... it’s called living within your means... pay off your house(s), vehicles and invest in renewable and sustainable energy like solar panels to provide a low to no cost utility bill... build a greenhouse and a chicken coop... ALL of one’s future money problems when elderly can be easily solved through wise investment during one’s years earning a substantial income as a younger person.

Young is a sell out... so are the other artists in the article. Fuck em’ all.

Man, you really don’t like wealthy people. 

5 minutes ago, RobB said:

Man, you really don’t like wealthy people. 

“Well, there's people and more people
What do they know-know-know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation down at the Gulf of Mexico, ooh yeah
And there's winners and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man, baby
Pays for thrills, with bills, with pills that kill”

Ain’t that America

Archived