Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Jackson Pickup Mounting Rings in Black (The larger ones)

7 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Hey,

So, I receive a Jackson Soloist and both of the pickup rings are non-orig.  

Anybody have a set in black they can part with?

Thanks.

I may have 1 in my parts bin, but I know I definitely don’t have a set. 

I’ll look tonight and if it matches the bridge ring in my Charvel 650xl then it’s yours. 

4 hours ago, Travis said:

I may have 1 in my parts bin, but I know I definitely don’t have a set. 

I’ll look tonight and if it matches the bridge ring in my Charvel 650xl then it’s yours. 

Thanks so much.  

22 hours ago, The Shark said:

Search is fruitless.  Gloss black size-correct rings aren't easy to find.  I'm in Jay, if you can.

I checked my parts bin. I’ve got several spare pickup rings. Unfortunately, the only one I have that is the correct oversized Jackson compatible is an aluminum ring I had made for me by Dave at Frets on the net. You’re definitely welcome to it if you want it. But since it’s a single and you’d have to have Dave make you a matching neck pickup ring (plus, I don’t know your color scheme), I think you’re better off having Dave make you a set. 

D9A15410-31FC-4285-A00C-CE7F31CDB731.jpeg

12 hours ago, Travis said:

I checked my parts bin. I’ve got several spare pickup rings. Unfortunately, the only one I have that is the correct oversized Jackson compatible is an aluminum ring I had made for me by Dave at Frets on the net. You’re definitely welcome to it if you want it. But since it’s a single and you’d have to have Dave make you a matching neck pickup ring (plus, I don’t know your color scheme), I think you’re better off having Dave make you a set. 

D9A15410-31FC-4285-A00C-CE7F31CDB731.jpeg

Thanks so much for looking.  I tried Dave and he can only do a brushed black surround.  No gloss.  So, the search continues...

20 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Thanks so much for looking.  I tried Dave and he can only do a brushed black surround.  No gloss.  So, the search continues...

I’ve got one of Dave’s rings on my Charvel 650xl. If you want to see what it looks like  installed, I can send you a pic tonight. You might like the brushed black. If not, no worries. Good luck in your search. 🤞🏼

There are some on eBay, but I have no idea what I'm looking at, so they might not be what you're looking for:

$20 here (seems like a lot of money for a pickup ring)

s-l1600.jpg

$10 here

s-l1600.jpg 

ETA: you might contact Guitar Parts Factory from Reverb.  They had this (since closed) listing for a Jackson pickup ring that included the part number.  It seems like they know their stuff and might be able to get exactly what you're after.

Archived