Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I have no idea of value, but given all of the ridiculousness (pricing) of late and what I perceive to be the both rarity and desirability of this guitar, isn't $2,100 pretty reasonable?

cwc6lmpbixwpm66rcawh.jpg

Those are indeed cool looking guitars for that kitsch-driven era. The writing of the ad ticks several of my pet peeves boxes though. But for collector, it seems indeed a reasonable price unless "in good shape for its age" assumes things you may not find that reasonable.

That’s actually a decent price!

Waiting for seller respond. Hope this time I can get Scepter. 
Last time another seller after we have confirmed all details just sold it to other guy😢

Refused to sell to me, because I am not in USA. Offered to send guitar to the shipping company address (USA) which will handle shipping for me but he refused again...🥵

I have really bad luck with buying Scepter...

5 minutes ago, murkat said:

The seller has some nice guitars.

He really does. And they all seem pretty cheap.  Considering that Gary Kramer Turbulence-R.

2 hours ago, Hbom said:

This one looks like it is in better shape than the first one anyway!

3 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

This one looks like it is in better shape than the first one anyway!

I have heard that buying guitars from Japan create issues at U.S. Customs for tone woods or something.  Anyone know about that?

4 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

I have heard that buying guitars from Japan create issues at U.S. Customs for tone woods or something.  Anyone know about that?

I bought a guitar in 2015 from Japan. It shipped fine. I wasn’t bothered about duties or anything. Came straight to the house. If you contact that seller ask if the price covers all of that. If it doesn’t I would not even bother. 

4 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

Not in the last year.

6 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

The Japanese Scepter is $500 cheaper on Reverb.  Classic eBay!

https://reverb.com/ca/item/38200508-hamer-usa-1987-scepter

That's because the Reverb listing is from the legitimate seller, TCGakki, a musical instrument store in Japan. The eBay seller is just trying to sell it without owning it, pocketing a few bucks in the process. It's a common practice among some less than honest Japanese sellers.

Archived