Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Spirit of Neil Peart

Tremendous writing.

That's the way a memorial profile should be done, IMO---well-researched, lotta quotes, and it stays cohesive and doesn't ramble in spite of its length. Personally, I wouldn't have used first person but that only happened a couple of times so I don't want to seem like I'm nitpicking....and maybe Hiatt's a regular contributor to Rolling Stone so he might be entitled to first person.

Thanks for the link. 

I liked the anecdote about Neil’s memorial service when Stewart Copeland (IIRC) told all the famous drummers in attendance “we’ve all had fans come up to tell us “”You’re my second-favorite drummer!””

That is the best tribute article I've ever read; full stop.

Hard to see him go, and to have his well earned retirement and new life taken after all he'd been through is just cruel.

I've seen them a few times over the years, but to see them do Moving Pictures during the Clockwork Angels tour was by far one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

He is missed and well remembered.

A most excellent read. I will have to revisit some Rush....my fave album is the oft-dismissed blues-rock debut without Peart.

I have never been able to stand prog-rock....2112 made me sleepy. But in Peart’s honor I will revisit the discography.

Archived