Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Nice/vintage case for Telecaster ( Larrivee Bakersfield)

My Bakersfield came in a HUGE Gator plastic heavy duty case. 

The geetar is protected thats for sure ! But it's awkward to move around and takes up a lot of space. (first world problems  :) )   I was trying to use it but was hoping to find something better. 

I was trying to find a Larrivee case but it looks like they are closed down for the time being, due to pandemic I guess. And not a single used case online that I could find.

Anyway, someone have something cool and sturdy and more like the thin tweed cases for Teles/strats?  It can be beat up but must be 100% functional and not have any funky odors.  All latches must work. 

I dont have a lot of dough right now so unfortunately I can't afford a $500 vintage case. More like $100 plus $50 shipping. I can also send you the gator case if you want something that will totally protect your geetar, even in wartime. 

Also willing to trade 2 beat up squire strats and a pedal that doesn't work but you could prob fix it.  (jk ... )

Thanks ... 

These are great lightweight, sturdy cases:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/product-detail-page?productId=site1prod541152&rNtt=roadrunner case&index=107

Musician's Gear cases and GFS cases are nice for the money.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-deluxe-electric-guitar-case/540948000389000?rNtt=telecaster case musician's gear&index=4

https://www.guitarfetish.com/Guitar-Cases-Fits-StratregTelereg_c_655.html

For me, the Roadrunner case wins hands down. It's not a bag and it's not a hard case. It's a great blend of the two.

My Bakersfield came new in a standard TKL Tele case with no Larrivee branding.

I bought a couple of these for some partscasters last year.  They're relatively inexpensive yet sturdy.  No stock right now though.

Here's one of mine with my Bakersfield in it.  

image.png

As a rule, I use Made In Canada TKL 7830 cases with my Teles.  They're not cheap when new, but they can be found used in decent shape now and then on Ebay for a decent price, that's how I got mine.  They can be found used on Reverb too, but the prices there seem to be jacked up considerably higher.  From a distance, they look like generic-style cases (I strongly suspect that more than a few similarily-styled Chinese-made cases were 'patterned' (copied) directly from this style case), but they're much better built, with center sections/dividers that won't come loose and vinyl coverings that won't detach and curl with just mild home use.  If you're looking for a TKL case with a more 'vintage' look (vinyl ends with white piping), there's the TKL 8830.  Then there's G&G cases, Fender used to use these cases a lot until they got expensive to make, and started importing Fender-labeled Chinese-made cases several years ago...but IIRC, the USA-made G&G cases still come with many of the Fender USA reissues and CS guitars.  Stratosphere often has G&G cases for sale on Ebay but they ain't cheap, sometimes you'll be able to find a private seller on Ebay that is selling a used one for a more reasonable price.

No affiliation, BTW:

www.tkl.com

ggqualitycase.com

Also, I like my guitar cases to look kinda 'nondescript' or 'anonymous' without sacrificing quality, IMO nothing screams 'steal me now' like a famous brand name labeled case.  <_<

1 hour ago, crunchee said:

I like my guitar cases to look kinda 'nondescript' or 'anonymous' without sacrificing quality, IMO nothing screams 'steal me now' like a famous brand name labeled case.

That’s why I like the teardrop cases I posted above for strats/teles.  Who’s going to steal a viola?

6 hours ago, crunchee said:

Also, I like my guitar cases to look kinda 'nondescript' or 'anonymous' without sacrificing quality, IMO nothing screams 'steal me now' like a famous brand name labeled case.  <_<

Oh, thank GAWD! Our Hamers are safe.

If you think your case is a handful, try lugging a loaded '80's Blitz bass case that's falling apart at the seams.  I had one (the bass and the case) once, the only reason the Blitz case I had didn't end up in the trash is because they're harder than hell to find, even in crap condition.

I have one of these for my partscaster ($99, no affiliation).  Likely larger than that SKB, but I think one could easily drive a car over it without damage to the guitar (on the odd occasion that becomes necessary).

dycoald3eguixrmwlhdy.jpg

Got a matching one for the P-Bass (only larger).  The clasps work really well (positive click on closure) and lots of room for your cables, tuners and what not.

23 hours ago, cynic said:

My Bakersfield came new in a standard TKL Tele case with no Larrivee branding.

I bought a couple of these for some partscasters last year.  They're relatively inexpensive yet sturdy.  No stock right now though.

Here's one of mine with my Bakersfield in it.  

image.png

Love the finish on your Bakersfield  

Check out this one in SFG    ... also a pic of original rectangular Larrivee case. 

I prefer the rounded form fitting one but Larrivee isnt responding right now. 

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=49943.0

I recently scored a mint Fender Eric Johnson case on eBay for $72.00 shipped.  Not sure how nobody else bid that one up any higher.  Still had the packs of dessicant and keys in the case pocket and the blue plastic film on the case locks.  Cool blonde tolex with the black leather ends and plush - super nice.  That's the second one of those I've gotten for under $100.  There's stuff out there, you just need to look!

Archived