Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Well...I tried to tell them.. :/

I’m no LP expert, I’m guessing this is not what it is advertised as. Could you guy’s school me on what your seeing/what to look for? 
Thank’s

4 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I’m no LP expert, I’m guessing this is not what it is advertised as. Could you guy’s school me on what your seeing/what to look for? 
Thank’s

This ^^^

6 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

Thank’s

Serial number is typical Chibson stamp. Rosewood board with block inlays. Not sure if it has nibs on the binding. I didn't look at the photos very long. I am not that familiar with that particular genuine reissue, but suddenly I am craving Shrimp Lo Mein. 

12 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

Thank’s

It's being advertised as a Custom Shop 59 reissue (R9). It is a very poorly done Chinese amalgamation of some Gibson-like features, but it isn't remotely close to a decent copy. And yes, the serial number and fake 'Made In USA' imprints are a total chibson giveaway.

You can buy this garbage for like $2-300 shipped on aliexpress. Many of them do look quite a bit closer to the real thing, but there are usually numerous givaways regardless. This one is just beyond terrible. 🤩

2 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Thank’s

all of the above, plus bridge posts should not be made for screwdriver. headstock should have "ears" ( additional wood) added to the left and right sides ( visible from the back, just like on @hamerhead link)

Just now, cynic said:

LP Custom is one of a very small handful of guitars that should have one.  You can tell because it doesn't look stupid.

Thanks!

I learned a butt load in this thread!!!

You can typically tell the copies from across the room.

Chibson's, ah yes...

I agree the Madison axe looks legit though better pics of the headstock and body/hardware would be needed to confirm.

That first one is typical Chinese fakey garbage and man they're getting into every model, there's been a big push on EVH like guitars of recent. If you want one to hang on your wall, maybe? But honestly ANY purchases there only spawn the fakes making it into the mainstream and being sold as "real."

15 hours ago, cmatthes said:

You can typically tell the copies from across the room.

Verily. And that one linked in the OP is one of the worst I've seen this millennium.  

Archived