Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Price on a 2006 Studio with case/paperwork: What should I pay?

Victor (Fret Friend)

Question

What is the going rate for an immaculate condition straight-up 2006 Hamer Studio with SD 59's (all stock) with hard case/paperwork? I can snag one in the UK. Price seems fair but I just wanted a ball-park figure to see if I'm paying the right price. TIA Vic

11 answers to this question

Reverb Price Guide shows a range of $1,005 - $1,470 (generally grouping Studio with Sunburst, they make no distinction).  Personally, I'd think a 2006 would be worth more, especially if in immaculate condition and especially, especially if it had a vintage carve neck. 

Given that and what 80's Specials are going for these days, I don't think, what? $1,500 - 1,700? would be out of line. 

Caveat: consider this post a placeholder until someone who actually knows what they're talking about chimes in.  😉

Depends on whether it's a Studio or Studio Custom.   Studios tend to go in the $1,200 range here in the States, Studio Customs add $5-$600.  The condition, color and the top figure make a difference too.

It's a Studio (not Custom). That's great to hear guys: I am getting a fabulous deal from a fellow HFC'er here in England so it's staying in-house :D

Due to strict lockdown here in the UK, it will be a few weeks before I can pick it up but I will post deets here. Thanks everyone: info is a big help ;)

Oooh thats a tricky one - I must admit, I'm not as au fait with these ones as some of the other models - I saw one with a stop tail and an OK (not mega) top go for about £850 a couple of months back in the UK - it had some chips and stuff, but it was fine!

2 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Oooh thats a tricky one - I must admit, I'm not as au fait with these ones as some of the other models - I saw one with a stop tail and an OK (not mega) top go for about £850 a couple of months back in the UK - it had some chips and stuff, but it was fine!

I did message you btw about the Studio (in an old message about the Hamer case I was selling a couple of years ago). I also messaged you on Facebook (you've not see that either haha). Anyway, I've snagged the Studio from Lincsman (HFC'er). I'll be meeting up with him as soon as lockdown is relaxed (we're only 60km apart)...

Awesome, Sir Vic!

Those are killer rockers.  ENJOY!!!

I can't get the images to show on here so I posted them on my server. Links will open image in a new window. Guitar is immaculate (original blurb follows):

Guitar Model: Studio

Body: Wood Solid Honduras Mahogany w/AAA Maple Top

Neck: Wood Mahogany w/Quarter Swan Indian Rosewood Fretboard

Neck: Joint Set Neck

Neck: Back Shapes Vintage

Scale: Length 24 3/4"

Bridge: Tune-O-Matic Stop Tailpiece

Hardware Colour: Chrome

Gears: Schaller

Electronics: 2 Volume 1 Tone 3-Way Toggle

Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan ‘59

Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan ‘59

Finish: Aztec Gold

Other: Mother of Pearl Dot Inlays

Includes Hamer Hardshell Case with Candy

http://fretfriend.co.uk/Images/Hamer-Studio/hs1.jpg 

http://fretfriend.co.uk/Images/Hamer-Studio/hs2.jpg 

http://fretfriend.co.uk/Images/Hamer-Studio/hs3.jpg 

http://fretfriend.co.uk/Images/Hamer-Studio/hs4.jpg 

The deal is done! All being well, I can saunter out and fetch the guitar this weekend. It's a 180km drive (90 each way) and I'm okay for driving during lockdown as my business covers collections/deliveries! Not seen the guitar yet but Dave has took it out of it's case and given it a blast: he says it sustains forever and it's in new condition: it's had only hours of use since bought new (Dave bought it new)! :D

Archived