Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Lovepedal, let me be honest.

bubs_42

When it comes to  the gear that I use and promote, the gear that I buy and sell here on the board, I just want to be honest. Honesty has gotten me this far and I will continue to stay the course, so here we go. 

I think that Sean made some of the best pedals out there. His "Amp" type pedals don't sound like the recorded version of an amp they sound (if paired with the right amp) like the amp the pedal represents is sitting in the room. He got the feel right on the JMP along with high end, and the low gain sounds feel great. The Jubilee pedal that I just received has that woof to it that the Jubilee has, it has nice top, and quick lows, but not a guttural tight mid ranges. I have been pretty darn impressed. 

But lets talk about the quality issues. I myself had returned two different pedals that I bought off of SNS for noise issues. A Big box Amp11 that had sizzle and popping/cracking thing going on, and a Delay that had ridiculous floor noise. Both were taken care of, one fixed, the other replaced. But I have also bough used pedals with similar problems. The Shampooie was a great pedal, but the Trem oscillating into the reverb channel when it wasn't on. I contacted Sean about it, and he replied that he never felt he got that one completely worked out and a fix was never resolved. The Jubilee that I just purchased has super high floor noise when it is on so much so that it will keep me from using it. Sadly it sounds so damn good, but more than likely it will be up FS as a Fix/Repair job soon. 

I just wanted to say YES, I love the way these pedals sound and work, but YES I have had a number of issues with multiple pedals. 

I've had no problems with the LPs (both new and used) I have picked up other than I HATE the dc input jack position. Running right angle plugs for the guitar in and the dc is just ugly.  The only worse place to put the power supply jack would be on the face of the pedal next to the switch.  The pedals sound great but man that jack position just irritates me for some reason.

2 hours ago, stonge said:

I've had no problems with the LPs (both new and used) I have picked up other than I HATE the dc input jack position. Running right angle plugs for the guitar in and the dc is just ugly.  The only worse place to put the power supply jack would be on the face of the pedal next to the switch.  The pedals sound great but man that jack position just irritates me for some reason.

100% Agree with the jack placement. 

@bubs_42, in the list of quality issues, don't forget about the broken boost you sent me.  The fix was definitely a QC issue that shouldn't have gotten out the door.

OTOH: I've not had a single issue with the three or so pedals I've bought from him.  I'm not sure if any are SNSs, however.

I agree that Lovepedals simply sound awesome across the board. Sean and Alf’s ears match mine...they make pedals to sound like what I hear in my head. Great stuff. Only QC issue I’ve had was in the first run of Blue Wave tremolos,....a weird noise at the end of the knob taper. Sean replaced it immediately. Thankfully, I don’t think I’ve had any other issues...and I own a BUNCH of LPs.  There may have been one other issue, but I cannot recall which pedal or when so maybe I am making it up. Sad to see them go. I hope Sean and Alf make a comeback.

1 hour ago, velorush said:

@bubs_42, in the list of quality issues, don't forget about the broken boost you sent me.  The fix was definitely a QC issue that shouldn't have gotten out the door.

OTOH: I've not had a single issue with the three or so pedals I've bought from him.  I'm not sure if any are SNSs, however.

Do you want to take a crack at this Jubilee

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

Do you want to take a crack at this Jubilee

Wrong time of year for me.  Let me get the year ended (2020, that is...) and then, only under the condition that I can send it back to you if fixed! 

2 hours ago, Hbom said:

I guess I was lucky. NO problems with any of my LovePedals.

My only complaint is that Sean left without saying goodbye.

...and @hbom has even more than I do....

I’m way behind. I only have one, and I just got it a couple of weeks ago. Luckily, it works perfectly so far. I first heard of Lovepedal here on this board, got mine on the recommendation from someone on the board, and bought it from someone else on the board. So...  y’all are to blame. 😜

I first heard about them here, too. I bought:

JMP11, 200# of Gold, "So Naked" OD11, and Box of Awesome (Kalamazoo/OD11) over a few SNS.

And a 5 knob Photocell Vibronaut scored here.

Only problem/complaint I have is the BoA cannot fit a battery, regardless of the size of the battery snap. No snap/battery combination fits, regardless of brand, so it has to be connected to my PP2. Not a big deal, just annoying not to have the option. I also agree 100% about the power jack location being a nuisance. But I've never had any noise problems or other QC issues besides the BoA battery slot being too small. And given how good it sounds, I wouldn't send it back for repair or replacement even if I could.

I still want to try a black big box AMP11, and am very curious about the Englishwoman, Black Glass OC42 BBB and COT50 Eternity Stack. I might be willing to trade the 200# of Gold towards any of those. I wouldn't consider parting with any of the others.

1 hour ago, Hbom said:

I would trade my Black Glass OC42 BBB for 1 oz. of Gold.

There is not a single dirt box made, regardless of maker, for which I would trade my BBB11. 

But yeah, an ounce of gold... Prolly!

1 hour ago, Hbom said:

After thinking about it, I would be willing to go down to 1/2 oz. of gold for a any HFC Supporting member. 🧐

How about a complete set of United States State Quarters layered in exquisite 24k GOLD, presented in a magnificent premium cherry wood style display box?!

il_794xN.2118945290_8bgb.jpg

ETA: would you look at the size of the cow on the Wisconsin coin?  Good Grief.  A huge cow?  Your State Quarter is fully 50% giant cow.  What are you guys thinking?

Off topic. But related, now that Lovepedal is no more,  I wonder if Hermida will start up a company again? Really nice reverbs and delays. 

I hope Hermida soldiers on....his pedals are GREAT...his TikiDrive is an underrated  gem.  And of course his delays and reverbs are amazing...as are the Mosferatu and Zen drives.
Ya know, since Alf has been silent this entire year, that kinda gives me hope that Sean is coming back in some form or another since they are partners. One would think that if Sean and Lovepedal are done, Alf would have moved on with a new partner or on his own..,but COVID may have slowed down  any effort to get a new business going in Michigan...,still, I am holding out hope...

I have a Low Gain Mosferatu and a Guitar Center redface ZenDrive. Love em’ both... the Mosferatu is similar to the ZenDrive but it’s a little less “harmonic” and more fundamental in tone... sort of a cross between a blackface Bandmaster and a JTM. Never had a problem with them.

I also have an old school Hermida ZenDrive and a Hermida ZenDrive II (one with the tube)... they are beautiful (and now rare) but aren’t significantly better than my Lovepedal versions.

I actually really enjoyed the Lovepedal threads on the HFC. They were fresh and added a little spice to the site. Glad you and Jakeboy got the message out!

On 1/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, Hbom said:

I guess I was lucky. NO problems with any of my LovePedals.

My only complaint is that Sean left without saying goodbye.

Huh. When I go to lovepedal.com and click on any of the pedal images, I get a page headed by a "404 Page Not Found" graphic and underneath that the usual images, description, demo videos, and Add to Cart button. If their Add to Cart buttons still lead to a PayPal checkout page, is Lovepedal truly kaput?

10 hours ago, Menehune said:

Huh. When I go to lovepedal.com and click on any of the pedal images, I get a page headed by a "404 Page Not Found" graphic and underneath that the usual images, description, demo videos, and Add to Cart button. If their Add to Cart buttons still lead to a PayPal checkout page, is Lovepedal truly kaput?

It's been a year. I'm thinking Yup It's all over. Including that heavy set lady and the crying.

But I've been wrong before.

16 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Another pedal down, my JMP just started giving me fits. I'm going to have to find someone to fix it for me. 

Damn man. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I don't play loud enough or something. What amp are you using this week? Power supply? Have you checked your cords lately?

Just kidding. Sorry you're having more trouble.

Archived