Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Lovepedal, let me be honest.

bubs_42

3 hours ago, Hbom said:

Damn man. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I don't play loud enough or something. What amp are you using this week? Power supply? Have you checked your cords lately?

Just kidding. Sorry you're having more trouble.

This pedal has been on the same board that I made up over a year ago. The board was just serviced and cleaned up last week, jacks cleaned the whole 9 yards. Its been running on the same Power Supply for 6 months and the Voltage adapter from Xotic since I got the pedal and was cleared to run it at 18V from Sean. The only thing that makes the hum stop is taking it off the 18V and running it at 9v. Unfortunately, running it at 18V took that pedal over the top for me. It made that pedal feel like it was part of the amp. 

It had to happen this week damnit, i'm supposed to show up next weekend for a jam with the old band. I worked on things today, looks like the Zendrive is on deck with the Twin Boost. 

• 1 month later...

Needed somewhere to post this and this thread seemed to be close enough: Lovepedal posted on their Instagram account 15 hours ago - first time since January 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdvsZ1l1Es/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hope?  The Lovepedal site still returns a SQL error.

ETA: Ah, but the Shopify site is up and running as in the old SNS days!

Many boutique pedals have noise problems, in my experience, compared to the old standbys like Boss, Ibanez, Maxon. My house is highly susceptible to noise-I get AC current type clicking in my amps from time to time, and radio interference from a nearby AM radio station. Some of my Lovepedals, Barbers and more have been unusable because of this, but some are perfectly fine-Jubilee, Eternity Burst, a few fuzzes. 

Perhaps I should have been more clear. There has been speculation for some time about the status of Lovepedal. Sean posted on Instagram, yesterday, that he might have some “leftovers” and hinted around that there might be a SNS sale this weekend. This was his first post in more than a year. That was all I was getting at / reporting. 

I`ve had an Eternity Kanji on my board since 2009. I switched it out with an Eternity D-mod that I bought for $50 in 2018 recently only because the jack input went a little wonky on me last year. After 10 years, dozens of beers and 500 gigs it was the longest running pedal on my board. I love these two pedals. 

2 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

@hanspanzer, I have the Kanji and the D-mod Eternity pedals. I find them to be very different sounding.  Is that your experience also?

In my experience they`re different, but in the same ballpark. I use them on quite low gain settings and is able to make them sound the way I want them to. The Kanji feels more mid rangey thou and the D-Mod more gainy. 

1 hour ago, hanspanzer said:

In my experience they`re different, but in the same ballpark. I use them on quite low gain settings and is able to make them sound the way I want them to. The Kanji feels more mid rangey thou and the D-Mod more gainy. 

That is EXACTLY my experience with both pedals.

My go to pedals that are practically welded onto my board are the JMP11, Naked OD11, and the Vanilla Zendrive. I would like to get a small box Amp11, I have a few other COT variants for different sounds laying about. I still need to get that Jubilee fix, because I think I would use it. 

I do like the LGMos too...and the Amp808, OD11, Vanilla Zen.....for real, lowgain the Brown 4K Deluxe and the SuperSix SRV are perfect.

I love the SST..Super Sic Tone. That thing is Zep 1 and 2 in a box. Really a versatile dirt box.

8 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

I do like the LGMos too...and the Amp808, OD11, Vanilla Zen.....for real, lowgain the Brown 4K Deluxe and the SuperSix SRV are perfect.

I love the SST..Super Sic Tone. That thing is Zep 1 and 2 in a box. Really a versatile dirt box.

Great, now I want to try the SST. 

Archived