Hamer Fan Club Message Center

6 minutes ago, HAMERMAN said:

Can't imagine why you would sell an Impact and not include a picture of the full front of the bass.

Yes. There's a lot wrong with that ad. Making the back of the body the main photo, for instance.

That said, the Impact is probably the only bass that I lust after. 
It is one of the truly original Hamer designs. It's still a mystery to me how the model did not become more popular and mainstream.

10 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Yes. There's a lot wrong with that ad. Making the back of the body the main photo, for instance.

That said, the Impact is probably the only bass that I lust after. 
It is one of the truly original Hamer designs. It's still a mystery to me how the model did not become more popular and mainstream.

Agreed. I've played about every mainstream brand of basses I can think of but the Impact just makes me a more confident player. They are balanced, light and so full of sustain that all you really have to do is hold on for the ride...at least it seems that way. lol

Those are one of those instruments that you will probably hate until you play it.  That's what it was with me, anyway.

I missed out on one, west side of Cleveland in the early nineties. Copper finish. I think it was tagged at $650.00. Then there was the one that was somewhere on the internet while many of us were at the '94 HFC open house that was snagged for around $500.00.

-Bobby

1 hour ago, hamerboy_ said:

I missed out on one, west side of Cleveland in the early nineties. Copper finish. I think it was tagged at $650.00. Then there was the one that was somewhere on the internet while many of us were at the '94 HFC open house that was snagged for around $500.00.

-Bobby

Those were the days, I guess!

1 hour ago, hamerboy_ said:

-Bobby

You mean the 2004 Open House, right?

1 hour ago, tomteriffic said:

There was an import version, one showed up in a local pawnshop. Don't know if it was MIJ or not though.

I though so.

And I think there was a 5 string version also.

Archived