Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2021 product announcements

scottcald

And am I the only one underwhelmed?  Seems they're all just copying each other every year now.  Tons of HSS superstrats.   And PRS in particular was very underwhelming - a 3 hour event with Mayer headlining to announce a new paint job.  Sheesh.  

17 minutes ago, scottcald said:

And am I the only one underwhelmed?  Seems they're all just copying each other every year now.  Tons of HSS superstrats.   And PRS in particular was very underwhelming - a 3 hour event with Mayer headlining to announce a new paint job.  Sheesh.  

Yup. Same. <yawn>

I did see this Jackson that I want oh-so-badly but for the fact that it's overpriced for a basswood and FRT1000 equipped  axe. 🙄

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 4.35.16 PM.png

8 minutes ago, scottcald said:

And it's not green..... 

Doesn't matter! That crackle is badass! And a reverse head stock with 24 frets and a toggle switch??? Yowza!!!

Fender has released a 68 VibroChamp for $749....that looks cool, but I can have Lil Dawg make a hand wired head for under $600....

I have been playing through the same '68 Vibro-Champ since 1977.  

The sandblasted ash look has been around for a while, but it seems like it is being pushed a lot more now.  Maybe it is just Charvel, but that finish is on their Strats for their new releases.  

I am not thrilled with most new signature models.  A Gilmour Martin?  

11 hours ago, RobB said:

Ibanez has a semi hollow and a jazzbox that look pretty nice.

Then there’s the bargain-priced ($499.99!) Duncan pre-wired, Bonamassa pickguard. who the hell is buying these things?

Every NAMM time, I just wonder if there's something Joe won't endorse or sell. 

27 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Every NAMM time, I just wonder if there's something Joe won't endorse or sell. 

Lol!! He’s gotta have cash for buying all the old stuff up!! And concerts to paper cutout people. That actually is a good concert tho!

Archived