Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Standard restore or not

VECTOR

Gotcha.  Hopefully, you didn’t pay near what MZ was asking for that one!!  😳

My only thought...   it's a refin already,  strip it and have it done pro nitro in a faded burst maybe some light checking... 

I know there are some good sources in Europe who do vintage style finishing or parts...   I think it would be worth more if you kept the

original top,  but I think you would have to wait until you see it...     did you look at the inside of the control cavity?

any plugged holes or telegraphing of something going on under the finish?   although sometimes it's black for

a reason...    

58 minutes ago, DaveL said:

My only thought...   it's a refin already,  strip it and have it done pro nitro in a faded burst maybe some light checking... 

I know there are some good sources in Europe who do vintage style finishing or parts...   I think it would be worth more if you kept the

original top,  but I think you would have to wait until you see it...     did you look at the inside of the control cavity?

any plugged holes or telegraphing of something going on under the finish?   although sometimes it's black for

a reason...    

Interesting train of thoughts. Thanks!

11 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

How about you divulge the serial number and perhaps a photo of the original finish is available?
Just for reference...

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the original finish. Fortunately Serial Steve could help. I told him the serial number and he consulted the old hamer logbook et voilà: sunburst finish. To be honest: a natural or yellow finish I like most, in this case the top would be restored for sure. But so I will keep it black and showing it's battlescars.

Archived