Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gonna let her go. 1981 Standard factory refin/ retop

I had the guys at Hamer do the work.  Afterwards I regretted having it recapped/refinished as is it was a greenburst...not too many of those.  The Hamer guys were excellent to deal with and the guitar turned out beautifully.  One day out of the blue I got an offer I couldnt refuse and i let it go.  

Did it ever sell at Music Zoo?

7 minutes ago, dgstandard said:

I had the guys at Hamer do the work.  Afterwards I regretted having it recapped/refinished as is it was a greenburst...not too many of those.  The Hamer guys were excellent to deal with and the guitar turned out beautifully.  One day out of the blue I got an offer I couldnt refuse and i let it go.  

Thanks for the history. I have the restoration photos. 

14 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

Screenshot_20210119-090052.png

I’m not 100% certain, but that may very well be the first Hamer Standard Serial and I ever played.   It was a Greenburst with rosewood/dots that hung in Pierce Music in Dover, DE.   We had just both purchased brand new Les Paul Customs within a few weeks of seeing that, and offered a trade even up for the Standard, which was declined.  Hey...we were 15 or 16!   😆

My brother called me today and asked why am I  selling the Standard on Craigslist?  I said because I was going to use the money to pick up an all original 4 digit.  He said you'll never find another Hamer with a top that beautiful so what if it is retopped? He's right. Gonna hang onto it at least for now. 

Thanks for the comments. 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:51 AM, 79Sunburst said:

My brother called me today and asked why am I  selling the Standard on Craigslist?  I said because I was going to use the money to pick up an all original 4 digit.  He said you'll never find another Hamer with a top that beautiful so what if it is retopped? He's right. Gonna hang onto it at least for now. 

Thanks for the comments. 

Original or not, I have loved that guitar since it first saw it some years ago. It's stunning. Keep it. Save up for another Standard. A man need at least two. That is minimum. 

On 1/20/2021 at 2:51 AM, 79Sunburst said:

Thanks for the comments. 

Great desicion👏

Archived