Hamer Fan Club Message Center

In need of help on my chap

brddg

Did a refin on my chaparral custom and will be puttin her together this weekend. Over several years I’ve accumulated original knobs and cavity covers and a set of slammer pickups as well as one needed 3-way switch (replacements available?) However, I’ve not been able to access the wiring diagrams here if anyone can help me out. 
also may be looking for some original obl pickups for it as of now I also have a matching set of what I believe are period correct EMG gold logos. That may not be a bad route to take either. Opinions welcome. Lay ‘em on me (I asked for it) and thanks HFC

20 minutes ago, brddg said:

Did a refin on my chaparral custom and will be puttin her together this weekend. Over several years I’ve accumulated original knobs and cavity covers and a set of slammer pickups as well as one needed 3-way switch (replacements available?) However, I’ve not been able to access the wiring diagrams here if anyone can help me out. 
also may be looking for some original obl pickups for it as of now I also have a matching set of what I believe are period correct EMG gold logos. That may not be a bad route to take either. Opinions welcome. Lay ‘em on me (I asked for it) and thanks HFC

What year is your Chapparal?

Definitely post pics!

It’s an ‘86. Will definitely post pics when together and presentable. Don’t hate me for it but I went with a non original color at the last minute. I’m not trying to fool anyone with it and had been playing around with a new mica the day before. Plus I have no blue guitars in the stable

4 minutes ago, brddg said:

Don’t hate me for it

You shouldn't get too much of that around here... They're maybe a few stabs here n there but for the most part we are all guilty of.

Share some pics plz!

1 hour ago, brddg said:

It’s an ‘86. Will definitely post pics when together and presentable. Don’t hate me for it but I went with a non original color at the last minute. I’m not trying to fool anyone with it and had been playing around with a new mica the day before. Plus I have no blue guitars in the stable

1 hour ago, murkat said:

You shouldn't get too much of that around here... They're maybe a few stabs here n there but for the most part we are all guilty of.

Share some pics plz!

As one who has refinished a few Hamers and received a few of those stabs :P, I can tell you it's all good. In the end, if you're happy with the way it looks and plays, then what people say really is insignificant. What matters is that you are happy.

45 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Don't worry, @diablo175 is the king of non-original colors.

And frankly, IMO, those recipients have benefited aesthetically from my ministrations.

Cali Line Up.jpg

It is a proven fact that blue guitars sound better.

2 hours ago, brddg said:

Does the double neck count as one or two????

Depends on who you ask. ;)  That one is no longer with me, though it has been replaced by yet another Hamer double neck Cali. :D 

On 1/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, VECTOR said:

Life-hack for guitarists: if you have all guitars in the same colour, your wife will not recognize that you bought a new one...

You haven’t met my wife.   She can pick out the year of manufacture from across the room.

On 1/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, scottcald said:

I'd downloaded them a while back, so hope this is helpful:

chapdeluxe.jpg

Good timing on this one. 

You wouldn't happen to have a schematic for the SPC unit in there, would you?  I have one that is missing a part...

Oh, and blue guitars do sound better....

• 2 weeks later...

4F8AAD36-84C4-4D93-9C27-7BA16D442AB5.jpeg.aa1c595587a08a0da437b40553743759.jpeg24D7FCE5-7F8E-4F7F-B3CF-78C269888F31.jpeg.9982586d04c660fcebc625eff1509a10.jpegFC21CABD-D3FF-47D3-8635-97DA6F78EA5B.jpeg.423b70a5082cbf28aa200931bae66792.jpeg Finished. Albeit delayed for some things I was unhappy with. So now plays great feels great sounds great and looks great. The camera doesn’t do this color justice. And I forgot to put the whammywhangolo bar in there but you get the picture. 😁

7 minutes ago, brddg said:

4F8AAD36-84C4-4D93-9C27-7BA16D442AB5.jpeg.aa1c595587a08a0da437b40553743759.jpeg24D7FCE5-7F8E-4F7F-B3CF-78C269888F31.jpeg.9982586d04c660fcebc625eff1509a10.jpegFC21CABD-D3FF-47D3-8635-97DA6F78EA5B.jpeg.423b70a5082cbf28aa200931bae66792.jpeg Finished. Albeit delayed for some things I was unhappy with. So now plays great feels great sounds great and looks great. The camera doesn’t do this color justice. And I forgot to put the whammywhangolo bar in there but you get the picture. 😁

image.gif

Archived