Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Rare photo! Frank Stallone shreds!

...uh, on a jazz box?!?

Frank Stallone.jpg

He's an eloquent guy and a pro musician who is responsible for more output of decent material than many folks realiize.

Photo taken in 1998 at a Pomona guitar show.

23 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

...uh, on a jazz box?!?

Frank Stallone.jpg

He's an eloquent guy and a pro musician who is responsible for more output of decent material than many folks realiize.

Photo taken in 1998 at a Pomona guitar show.

I had No idea!

5 hours ago, crunchee said:

He's shown up on World's Dumbest... with a guitar on occasion (he was a regular cast member), here he is playing a gold Gibson J-200.  You can see reruns of the show in the US on truTV:

That's the funniest health code violation I ever saw.

It seems like Bluegrass / Country / Western guitar music got crappier when the players stopped having their names inlaid into the fret boards. I can't stand it today, but I can listen to Merle Travis, Chet Atkins, Joe Maphis, Jerry Reed, etc all freakin day.

Now I want to hunt down some Mosrite Joe Maphis guitars.

^^^^Don't forget Don Rich and Roy Nichols in your quest; names ain't on the fretboards but Got-Taw-Mitey can they offer up some rip-roarin' riff-a-ramas....

FWMOW...and it's been discussed here before...what's called "country" today is what I used to call "Top 40 rock"

My buddy Phil Triantos brokered Frank's Leo's of Hollywood Les Paul to me back in 1988.  I sold it back to Phil just after Hurricane Andrew ravaged Homestead, where Phil lived.  Drove to Miami two days after the hurricane.  Phil had animals from the zoo in his apartment complex the day after the storm.  He told me that he saw a gazelle in the parking lot and his neighbor saw a big cat just outside her sliding glass doors.  All the animals were captured by the time I got there.  True story.

20 hours ago, crunchee said:

It wouldn't be much fun if they had to do a 'cleanup on aisle 2'.  :wacko:

That would be a number 2 in Isle 2 yes?

:blink::o

Archived