Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"New for 2021"---how impressive are these?

24 frets, H/H and a toggle switch on that vanguard. If only it had a reverse headstock, eh @diablo175...?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Travis said:

24 frets, H/H and a toggle switch on that vanguard. If only it had a reverse headstock, eh @diablo175...?

Meh.

Not sure what you're seeing but the one I saw has a fixed bridge and that is MOST definitely a deal killer. The bolt on neck is the roses on the grave.

Edited by diablo175
  • Haha 2
53 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Meh.

Not sure what you're seeing but the one I saw has a fixed bridge and that is MOST definitely a deal killer. The bolt on neck is the roses on the grave.

Yeah, the Star has the Floyd and the H/H toggle setup you like, but only 22 frets. The Snake has the reverse headstock and Floyd, but only 22 frets and no neck pickup. 

Guess you could just buy all three and then mix & match until you got the combo you liked. That’s the beauty of the bolt on neck...  😜

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Travis said:

Yeah, the Star has the Floyd and the H/H toggle setup you like, but only 22 frets. The Snake has the reverse headstock and Floyd, but only 22 frets and no neck pickup. 

Guess you could just buy all three and then mix & match until you got the combo you liked. That’s the beauty of the bolt on neck...  😜

Or I could avoid those like the unappealing junk they are and get a reputable builder to make something that is completely in my wheel house, spec-wise. :D

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Just now, diablo175 said:

Or I could avoid those like the unappealing junk they are and get a reputable builder to make something that is completely in my wheel house, spec-wise.

I mean, yeah...  you could do that...

But haven’t you already been there/done that...?  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Travis said:

I mean, yeah...  you could do that...

But haven’t you already been there/done that...?  

Yup. And it's ruined me for meh-worthy, mid-line stuff that is being marketed these days. Once ya get something custom made, it's difficult to go back to production schlock.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
15 hours ago, velorush said:

This one's pretty cool, save for the snake graphic:

Nbo8B5D6UtckvdaWw6X2Fi-1200-80.jpg

I wonder if that's a wrap or a decal? I can't imagine it being cost worthy to have these airbrushed by hand. There's a sig, but that doesn't mean the graphic was hand made...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

While I will see Snake Sabo or Tracii Guns play a show, I just wonder how many guitars their names will sell. 

Exactly. Who the hell is Tracii Sabo?

• Haha 2

Both of them made their mark 30+ years ago.  For the last decade or more they have played large clubs.  Both are still working in music.  There are young people going to the shows, but the majority of the crowds have been people in their 40s who likely would already own more expensive guitars than those Kramers. 

• Like 1

At least they are trying? Gibson & Co. pretty much left Kramer to rot for so many years, but it seems they finally have people at the top who realize that Kramer guitars don't really compete at all with the Gibson brand market share.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Both of them made their mark 30+ years ago.  For the last decade or more they have played large clubs.  Both are still working in music.  There are young people going to the shows, but the majority of the crowds have been people in their 40s who likely would already own more expensive guitars than those Kramers. 

To be fair, the old heads who don't have as <ahem> discerning taste in guitar quality, will be the one's buying that stuff. I see lots of 40- 50 YO dudes on various FB pages devoted to 80's guitars get all excited about stuff like this. Honestly, if this was 10- 15 years ago, I'd be excited. :P

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

I like the Nightswan tribute.

LOVE the look of that ax. Always wanted one in my youngin' days!!  I actually was in talks with Buddy Blaze to make me a 25.5 scale one, at one point. I decided to go with a HEL Build instead.

If it was 25.5 scale and had a recessed Floyd, I'd actually consider one of the re-issues. Electronics and most hardware can always be upgraded easily enough...alas,  neck shimming and routing a trem in-ground pool and refin push a 900 buck guitar into "not worth it" territory. And then there's the scale length.

Ahh well.

• Like 1

One of my first electric guitars was a Korean MusicYo! Kramer. 

I probably bought 4 of their models in the 2000-2004 time frame.

Because $69 was a deal, and $210 was a lot of money for a guitar for me back then.

• Like 1

Kramers were basically a big lie back in the day - but thanks to EVH they enjoyed a brief period of infamy before malfeasance, mismanagement, and poor quality drove them out of business. I'll pass on the Kramer 2.0 ---- It's like someone reissuing a 1976 corolla ---- it was a shit box then, --- I don't need a bright and shiny new shitbox to remind me of the old. Go buy a used Hamer and be done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1