Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New appear in my country, chaparral elite?

Too bad there are only 3 pics. Do you have pictures of the repair area? And I have to agree - I’d grab it in a heart beat. 
A bit strange neck heel area. Can’t really figure out the shape of it or should i say I dont think I ever saw anything quite like it. More pics would really help. I have a couple maple Cali setnecks and neck heel area on them is something you do not see that often. I’m guessing there was a very little run of those and they let their imagination fly. 
Buy it or else i will :)

Although the repair area is not pictured i see that logo was re-applied and wasn’t really lacquered. Really wondering what happened there  

I asked for more pics, will see what happens, i wanna shoot on this one, but i we need to know whats wrong with it, croos your finguers budies 

The mics are not the originals i supost, have Diliberto mics🤔

That needless to say is the weakest area of the guitar ,and what a shame because otherwise that it is great looking and a uncommon Hamer. I'm really a traditional guy when it comes to guitars but I love the high end shredders from Hamer. Like the Yamaha Pacifica 1412s and 1421s I wish they would have offered these in a stop tail version also.............not much of a trem guy so.............................. that is a bummer about the damage and the way the repair was done.

22 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

That needless to say is the weakest area of the guitar ,and what a shame because otherwise that it is great looking and a uncommon Hamer. I'm really a traditional guy when it comes to guitars but I love the high end shredders from Hamer. Like the Yamaha Pacifica 1412s and 1421s I wish they would have offered these in a stop tail version also.............not much of a trem guy so.............................. that is a bummer about the damage and the way the repair was done.

Completly agree with u

Probably this weekend i will take a view in person and good pics too, i dont know what to do , this fcking repair kill me, even if a can reduce the price a lot, i really dont know what to do, 

Im here to ear all yours opinions

The titebond glues they have are incredible. I took a beater folk guitar broke the neck and glued it with Titebond 3. Let it dry tried to break it again. Broke in a different spot, glue held. I wouldn't be afraid of that break! PRICE Accordingly tho!

I really appreciate your opinion  and i'm waiting more of your finger up or down, i will agree news and goods pics in some days, 

With the info you have today......how much you think is the price in the actual US market? 

2 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Everyone said it sounded better after the break!

How could anyone ever say it sounded worse? I never heard of anyone, who'd say that after the break it sounded worse. Of course it sounded better. The only one that sounded worse after it was glued back together was Gary Moore's guitar...after it got to Kirk's hands. In Gary's hands it sounded better.

9 minutes ago, pablo said:

.how much you think is the price in the actual US market? 

I , personally can't put a price tag on it, but if it appeared on US market for $1.3K, I'd buy it the moment I saw it.

"Completly agree with u

Probably this weekend i will take a view in person and good pics too, i dont know what to do , this fcking repair kill me, even if a can reduce the price a lot, i really dont know what to do, 

Im here to ear all yours opinions"                    When you get a better look at it and contingent on the price ,how much the seller is willing to let it go for it's still a hard to find Hamer. If the guitar just has a crack on the back of the headstock and it's not through into the face of the headstock and some good wood glue" [TITEBOND" has been mentioned] has been used it will probably be just fine. I knew of a old 60s 335 that had a headstock crack that was not into the face of the headstock and that was glued back in the 1970s and it is still fine today after being played actively in a band for decades. What it comes down to in the end is the money you have to pay to get it and how bad you want to own the guitar. Here is that 335 with the brake I mention...............still being played and it sounds GREAT! yWX3PuL.jpg6q9hoV0.jpgeXhRFR6.jpg

• 4 months later...

Upgrade post, the owner cant find someone who buy his guitar, and he write me today cause he need to sell it.

Who do you think is the right person to put this guitar in the most original way possible? In some months i'll flying to eeuu.

Im all ears folks

4 hours ago, JustKid said:

You want to pay almost $2200 USD for this guitar? And then invest more into additional cosmetic ( or not) repair?

Nop budy, noway 220, tomorrow im going to check the guitar with some bucks in my pocket, cross my fingers, 

I need the right person who can put the guitar most originaly he can.

Archived