Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Newport p90 on ebay

On 1/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ua D said:

Damn now I want to see this green one.  

It's in that Two-Tone Smoke Green like on the old Gretsch Anniversary models.  I'll have to look around for pics, but I've got them somewhere...

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

It's in that Two-Tone Smoke Green like on the old Gretsch Anniversary models.  I'll have to look around for pics, but I've got them somewhere...

When it became an issue here on the HFC, I called the factory, nope, sorry sold. I am sure it was too rich for my blood at that time. However, it is a beautiful looking guitar. I know someone got yelled at for taking too much time for building the pick guard, which looks amazingly cool on a guitar that should not have a pick guard.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:20 PM, stratacus said:

Jazzburst. This is the first one I’ve seen that is a different color.  

On 1/22/2021 at 11:27 PM, Ua D said:

I figured it was that or Tobacco sunburst from the pics I’ve seen. 

Hamer's burst naming got confusing towards the end, but officially the standard N90 color was Tobacco Burst, an amber-to-burnt sienna burst. Jazzburst historically tended to be an amber-to-black burst but drifted into Tobacco Burst territory towards the end.

4 hours ago, 0054 said:

When it became an issue here on the HFC, I called the factory, nope, sorry sold. I am sure it was too rich for my blood at that time. However, it is a beautiful looking guitar. I know someone got yelled at for taking too much time for building the pick guard, which looks amazingly cool on a guitar that should not have a pick guard.

Okay Gretsch green and a pickguard rings a bell. I think I’ve seen a photo of this one before.   

11 hours ago, beezerboy said:

I had an orange one with humbuckers... sold it for a mere 1k. I replaced it with a red one, P90s & Bixby. and wish I had it back

SN 050674? January of '17? If you still have my # give me a call.

Pics of the 2-Tone Smoke Green below...

N90 1.jpg

N90 2.jpg

N90 3.jpg

N90 4.jpg

N90.jpg

On 1/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, Ua D said:

Probably sacrilege but the first thing I would do is remove the pickguard.  I don’t like how it covers the f hole.  It just seems wrong on this guitar.  

I agree, I hate pickguards anyway

Archived