Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Any Shishkov owners in the Chicago area?

jco5055

Hi guys!

I was curious, is anyone in the Chicago area and has a Shishkov? With the wait list being somewhere around 1.5-2 years I in general would consider that a dealbreaker, UNLESS I got the chance to play one and was in love. No worries if not, or people don't feel comfortable meeting up even with masks, just thought I'd ask and otherwise hope to see a used one at a Guitar Center etc.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you're a Hamer fan, so envision the best Hamer you ever played, custom-built exactly the way you wanted it by a man who painstakingly attends to literally every detail, and you'd have an idea of how great his guitars are.  

The miniscule possibility that you would be disappointed will quickly be offset by your ability to flip it right here for a profit with such speed that it would make your head spin.  

59 minutes ago, kizanski said:

envision the best Hamer you ever played, custom-built exactly the way you wanted it by a man who painstakingly attends to literally every detail

...and considering the fact that he was with Hamer in both Arlington Heights and New Hartford and, yeah.

Add a year to your time frame expectations, though.  It takes a while to grow these masterpieces.

24 minutes ago, Travis said:

Not yet, but I’m on the wait list...

What you getting? I’m interested in the Super C....who knows you may get yours before I’d have a chance to try, did you get an estimated time?

Those guitars are not going to turn up used in any GC, that’s for sure.  When they do pop up for sale, which you can probably count on the fingers of one hand, they’re usually snatched up and have a “dibs” list several deep within minutes.  😉

I have no doubt that I wouldn't find them at Guitar Center (since no one wants to sell), it's just I don't know where else I'd try one if no one is around the area 🤷‍♂️

I will be in Philly/NYC/Boston for a week total or so around Memorial Day, and also SF/LA in June but that's a bit far away to be trying to make plans haha.

13 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Order now.
You're wasting valuable time.

He who hesitates is lost.
    -Abe Lincoln

image.gif

5 hours ago, jco5055 said:

I have no doubt that I wouldn't find them at Guitar Center (since no one wants to sell), it's just I don't know where else I'd try one if no one is around the area 🤷‍♂️

I will be in Philly/NYC/Boston for a week total or so around Memorial Day, and also SF/LA in June but that's a bit far away to be trying to make plans haha.

You don't need your specific model to check you the quality of the guitars. Mike is located between NYC and Boston, give him a shout, I'm sure he won't sic daisy (Shishkov security golden retriever) on you. 

35 minutes ago, 0054 said:

You don't need your specific model to check you the quality of the guitars. Mike is located between NYC and Boston, give him a shout, I'm sure he won't sic daisy (Shishkov security golden retriever) on you. 

Oh damn yeah I guess I would maybe be able to stop by the shop! Except I am taking the Amtrak through the cities so no car

My first Shishkov was an Ultimate.  Bought it without really knowing Mike or what exactly was going to happen.   It took a while - patience is a virtue.  I was rewarded  with a killer guitar. Simply one of the best instruments I’ve laid my mitts on. Worth the wait ?  Yup.   Any build flaws - nope and I really looked.  A great chunk of neck like I asked for.   The gravelin pups are stellar.  

I’m on my second.  Waiting again.  I explained my beastly  inspiration and I know Mike will come through.   He put up with my dumb questions.  Was very patient.  He’s genuinely a nice human - call him.  He’ll tell you what’s what. 

After this one ,  maybe 2 more. 

You will be rewarded for your leap of faith. 

On 1/26/2021 at 11:06 PM, BubbaVO said:

My first Shishkov was an Ultimate.  Bought it without really knowing Mike or what exactly was going to happen.   It took a while - patience is a virtue.  I was rewarded  with a killer guitar. Simply one of the best instruments I’ve laid my mitts on. Worth the wait ?  Yup.   Any build flaws - nope and I really looked.  A great chunk of neck like I asked for.   The gravelin pups are stellar.  

I’m on my second.  Waiting again.  I explained my beastly  inspiration and I know Mike will come through.   He put up with my dumb questions.  Was very patient.  He’s genuinely a nice human - call him.  He’ll tell you what’s what. 

After this one ,  maybe 2 more. 

You will be rewarded for your leap of faith. 

Spot on!

I had never ordered a custom guitar before my Shishkov. I was used to off the shelf. Lots of stupid/not experienced questions. I'd say Mike took the crux and beat the crap out of it. There were a lot of questions, and I just said I trust you. Originally it was going to be all purple. Trish emailed and said "Mike thinks it should be purple front only as the back has agreat grain." I said ok, but in my mind I hated that. I was so wrong and now I love that it is natural, it is stunning.

Lol, a couple decisions I made (my responsibility) I would have changed, but it was experience. Still the best guitar I have played, and they did not lessen the guitar.

The next one I think I had a better grasp, and there is a lot of waiting. The reward for the wait is a guitar that fits you and is excellent in every way.

Archived