Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Have we been mispronouncing Ibanez?

^^^ different word. Notice the squiggle over the N. Ñ is pronounced differently than N. That also applies to the aforementioned Fox News anchor Ibañez. Ee-BAH-nyaaz. 

Ibañez ≠ Ibanez

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Were you a a Cajun hick?

No, a well-read hick, with knowledge sufficient (as well as stature, insufficient) to ensure I was the last-picked for any P.E. team!   

On 1/27/2021 at 8:16 AM, hamerhead said:

My 1st decent guitar was an Ibanez lawsuit LP like this one:

ibanez_custom1.JPGibanez_custom2.JPG

I looked for another one a few years ago but prices were stupid. They weren't that good.

I had an Aria Pro II LPC lawsuit in cherry. Wish I still had it 'cause prices are stupid. 

Referring back to the statements that mid 70's cheap guitars were shit, I never held an Ibanez then or for the next 6 years or so... But I DO remember those troll-built POS called Hondo. The early Ibenhads HAD to be better than those. Or were they really that bad?

I also remember the atrocious Teisco's, Kingstons, etc.. "Steel Reinforced Neck", meaning no truss rods... I guess neck relief must have been for pussys. 😂

2 hours ago, DaveH said:

Referring back to the statements that mid 70's cheap guitars were shit, I never held an Ibanez then or for the next 6 years or so... But I DO remember those troll-built POS called Hondo. The early Ibenhads HAD to be better than those. Or were they really that bad?

I also remember the atrocious Teisco's, Kingstons, etc.. "Steel Reinforced Neck", meaning no truss rods... I guess neck relief must have been for pussys. 😂

I think many put all the 70s/80s Gibson and Fender look-alikes in the same basket.  The shit brands then were mainly made in Korea.  The MIJ brands were far better builds using quality materials.  Forty years later those MIJ guitars are enjoying a resurgence while Gibson and Fender guitars from that era are generally scoffed at.

Archived