Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer's Influence on my Guitar Building

kjq69

Hey all......

Became a big Hamer fan in 90's. Have owned an assortment of some of their finest pieces..........In the Year 2000 i started building. I have built 25 guitars to date. I cant seam to find any pictures of "1"......But here is #2 next to my Korina Artist Custom...........Flamed African Mahogany tBody, top and Neck....Bois De Rose Fret Board With Victory Inlays, Duncan Jazz and JB

KJQ & Hamer.jpg

KJQ & Hamer HS.jpg

KJQ Fret Board.jpg

#2 Front Angle.jpg

3 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Very nice!

Bois de rose?
Did you pay double for that?

Not quite double, but of the sweetest smelling rosewoods I've had the pleasure of working with. Beautiful purple when freshly cut.......and ages into a lovely deep chocolate......"Thet say" the closest rosewood to true  Brazilian 

Nice! What happened to #1?

7 hours ago, Victor (Fret Friend) said:

Nice! What happened to #1?

Have it at my shop. lost a bunch of pictures years ago and dont have any pics on this computer / phone..... but will post soon.....It is a version of a Yamaha SGB......I was really into Dave Meniketti and Carlos. They both were playing one at the time..........

16 hours ago, kjq69 said:

It is a version of a Yamaha SGB......I was really into Dave Meniketti and Carlos. They both were playing one at the time..........

I remember the SGB Santana had on the, “Inner Secrets”, tour. The one with the abalone/pearl eagle inlay on the body. He played it on SNL (“Open Invitation”) that year. Looked like it weighed 14lbs!

Found this in some archive stuff...Volker Strifler playing #2........I sponsored him @ Club Fox. ........he plays it half way through the video ~ 

17 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

That guitar sounds EFFING AMAZING!

The player isn’t doing too badly either!  

Thank you......Volker is amazing. And yes, I think I love all mahogany better than any other combination on a 24-5/8" - 24-3/4" scale length guitar.....Korina is pretty sweet too 🙂 

Body with Chambers.JPG

6 hours ago, burningyen said:

If this is Ken I remember you from the old, old days of the HFC. Welcome back, and very nice work! I was also inspired to start making guitars about 8 years ago, but so far just averaging about one build per year.

It is me :)....... nice to hear from you. You know, building one a year is a fine pace. That’s really what it takes me....... I have one guitar for a friend that has taken a few years...... . Would love to see some of your builds. :)

Archived