Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Cheap Trick tune

Jakeboy

This is good. They use the old Stones trick of tucking the vocals in behind the guitars...it makes you listen hard.

Rick’s solo is different but I like it. The tone changes significantly from the rhythm tone to keep things interesting.

4 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

tucking the vocals in behind the guitars.

He wore a mask, I suppose. B)

Anyway, great rocker. Quite short actually. Would have been radio capable in the 60s. Looking forward to a new album. The last two with Dax were great.

That right there is solid!

ETA: It’s funny... I’ve seen that lately in my YouTube meanderings and bypassed it. For some reason I had the impression it would be one of their slower ballad type things.

The ol' Shot Down in Flames/Girl Money chord progression in the chorus - no matter, I still love it!  I hope the whole album is as good as that song.  I also read it will include their song from a couple of years ago The Summer Looks Good on You and their cover of Gimme Some Truth, but NOT Ambush or Rebel Rebel.

Very good song. It would have sounded good back in 76 too. I admire CT. 40 some years later they still are road dogs and put out new material on  a fairly regular basis just because they want to and they don’t drift too far from their origins. Throw Deep Purple and Cooper into that category too. 

Cool new tune, reminded me of Sick Man of Europe from 10+ years ago.  I remember talking to Robin years ago and couldn't believe he smoked with that voice of his.  He just shrugged and said it never bothered him.  That was over 20 years ago and his voice, while not what it once was, is still better than most!  Love me some CT!!! 👍

20 hours ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

Cool new tune, reminded me of Sick Man of Europe from 10+ years ago.  I remember talking to Robin years ago and couldn't believe he smoked with that voice of his.  He just shrugged and said it never bothered him.  That was over 20 years ago and his voice, while not what it once was, is still better than most!  Love me some CT!!! 👍

I visited family that live near Tampa a few years back and they live not too far from Robin.  My cousin drove me by his house. Nice half million dollar or so home in a nice neighborhood but not the typical rock star mansion.  There was a VW Beetle and a Mercedes in the driveway.  I'm glad he wasn't outside cutting the grass on the Husqvarna or my image of him would have been shattered. 

14 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:Nice half million dollar or so home in a nice neighborhood but not the typical rock star mansion. 

Really?   A half million wouldn’t get you a double-wide around here!  😳

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Really?   A half million wouldn’t get you a double-wide around here!  😳

You live in the Tampa Bay area?  Yeah, Probably more expensive than that, however, at the time I was told the housing bubble had really driven the prices of houses down ( 2011). But yeah, maybe a million dollar home or more. It seemed like a regular neighborhood. 

No - I live in the DC Metro area.   You’d be hard-pressed to find a condo/townhouse in that price range nearby though.  I’d find it odd, that even in a nice Gulf Coast neighborhood (my mother in law lives in Naples) that Robin would live in a $500k-ish home.

38 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

No - I live in the DC Metro area.   You’d be hard-pressed to find a condo/townhouse in that price range nearby though.  I’d find it odd, that even in a nice Gulf Coast neighborhood (my mother in law lives in Naples) that Robin would live in a $500k-ish home.

Yeah.I realize now that my estimate was probably way off.  Here in coastal NC his home would go for 500-1,000,000. As long as it isn't on the beach.

On 1/31/2021 at 3:09 AM, 79Sunburst said:

You live in the Tampa Bay area?  Yeah, Probably more expensive than that, however, at the time I was told the housing bubble had really driven the prices of houses down ( 2011). But yeah, maybe a million dollar home or more. It seemed like a regular neighborhood. 

If what I’m seeing is correct, Robin lives in Safety Harbor, and the $500K estimate is not too far out of line.  This house is in his neighborhood - maybe on the same street!

5D38CCAF-FB46-4B33-9A5D-8EBBB84C9E54.png

That's very surprising.  At least he's near a landscaping business and a highway...

56 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

That's very surprising.  At least he's near a landscaping business and a highway...

My guess is he moved out in 2016.  But I found his house, with interior pics, and he definitely lived there at one time.

All I keep thinking is how freaking cool would it have been to have Robin Zander living next door!

8 hours ago, Cary said:

If what I’m seeing is correct, Robin lives in Safety Harbor, and the $500K estimate is not too far out of line.  This house is in his neighborhood - maybe on the same street!

5D38CCAF-FB46-4B33-9A5D-8EBBB84C9E54.png

Damn, I was close. It's been ten years so I don't remember everything except that the houses were close together and they all had these screen porches on the back called linais.  The flying insects are a bitch in Florida. Yep, Safety Harbor, his neighborhood was right off of a main highway near Clearwater. My relatives live in Carrolwood. They probably lived five miles at the most from Robin.  Good research . 

Archived