Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sadness.

hamerhead

Question

I thought today would be a good day to finally get some speakers mounted to the wall, so I set the brackets on the coffee table next to the couch where a pile of pillows lovingly cradles my Shishkov. Guess what fell off the coffee table.

DSCN9745 (2).JPG

It's not much, and I knew it had to happen one day, but dammit all anyways. It's down to the wood and right on the edge.

I know my skill level, so an invisible fix isn't an option. But I would like to protect the exposed wood. HELP!

3 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

It took a lot of pizza to console me.

Chuck E Cheese again? LOL Brother I just glad it was your Shishkov and not mine. I know that day will come, but they are tucked in the cases unless I'm playing one of them. 

Is the finish chipped off? If you can find that piece, you can use some super thin super glue to put it back on, and then probably get it to "can't see it from a foot away" territory.

I know that feeling. It sucks, we've all done it, and it keeps haunting us.

Just got off the phone with Mike, and the first thing out of his mouth was "Send it back, I'll fix it right up".

How f***ing cool is that?!

As great as the offer was, I won't need to send it back for that.

... but it was really cool....

And Steve - as much as I appreciate your generous offer, I'm going to wait at least until I do it again.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:37 AM, hamerhead said:

Just got off the phone with Mike, and the first thing out of his mouth was "Send it back, I'll fix it right up".

And Steve - as much as I appreciate your generous offer, I'm going to wait at least until I do it again.

Mike is the best.
Send it back now.  I'd be willing to bet you won't do it again.

Ah man, that sucks. I was hoping it was the pillow that fell...

I scratched and dented a new car the day I picked it up. Grabbed the car, then went to reward myself with lunch at Dairy Queen. Opened the door, and the crazy wind caught it and slammed it into the light standard. I was kind of relieved to have the first one out of the way so quickly :), but man did it ever impact the value of my Bugatti (I mean Corolla).  

28 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Hum, I might be willing to take that bet. He has shown a pretty clear pattern and the odds aren't in your favor. 

So he's careless is what you're saying.   

On 1/31/2021 at 1:57 PM, django49 said:

On 1/31/2021 at 1:57 PM, django49 said:

vintage.jpg

Our bassist had a Heathkit bass amp he built with his father. The bassist and his amp joined his 1960-something T-Bird in an unintentional sudden deceleration. The amp cabinet didn't survive, but the bass chassis did. Thereafter he found that the tall aluminum frontpiece of the chassis, so made to provide an added heatsink, was a great screen for all the beer bottles he ranked on the amp chassis top like so many soldiers.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, kizanski said:

Mike is the best.
Send it back now.  I'd be willing to bet you won't do it again.

This. I wish Hamer was still around to properly fix some chips and dings from mishaps I and friends have put into my small harem. Don't wait for a someday that may never come.

9 minutes ago, Menehune said:

This. I wish Hamer was still around to properly fix some chips and dings from mishaps I and friends have put into my small harem. Don't wait for a someday that may never come.

Nah - finish issues (owner inflicted, and sometimes otherwise) weren't covered under the warranty!

On 2/1/2021 at 7:55 AM, hamerhead said:

Holy crap! Thanks, Mike!

I bet Fender and Gibson don't have customer service like that.

You have not seen his bill yet.  🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

On 2/2/2021 at 8:37 AM, hamerhead said:

Yeah, I wouldn't send it back either. My luck would be to trade off a small chip for having my guitar gored by a fork truck.

On 2/23/2021 at 11:12 PM, cmatthes said:

Nah - finish issues (owner inflicted, and sometimes otherwise) weren't covered under the warranty!

I used to send out small containers of paint to customers who had chipped paint on speaker cabinets.

I mixed up to 10 different custom colors.  If they wanted me to do it, I just charged them a nominal fee. 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, DaveH said:

Yeah, I wouldn't send it back either. My luck would be to trade off a small chip for having my guitar gored by a fork truck.

Me, I wouldn't chance it either, but the fact that Mike said what he did is outstanding!

Archived