Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Just bought this. Although it says pre-order, he had one with my preferences in stock, and so it will arrive later this week.  I'll provide a report if anyone cares.  Heck, I'll provide.a report even if no one cares, cuz that's how I roll.

https://reverb.com/item/36565645-pre-order-baguley-aluminum-guitar-necks-free-shipping-in-u-s

My ordered specs: polished, recessed "ghost" block inlays, strat, right-handed, standard orientation headstock.

I'm obsessed with guitars that don't wear out. With stainless steel frets and aluminum construction, I expect this one to still be in playable condition for my great grandkids.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Those new osmium trem blocks would fix that.

I know I'm personally really excited about the possibility of a 30 pound guitar.

2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Aluminum neck.  Stainless steel frets.  Brass nut. 

You realize a metal pick killed Eddie Van Halen, don't you? 

Well, unless he’s going to deep throat the neck hundreds of times per week for 30 years, he could probably minimize that risk...  😜

42 minutes ago, stobro said:

Alcoa made these about 80 years ago. They seem to hold up well.

4112a5b10527f07f6f7b21b7e2846a0e.jpeg

What about it’s acoustic voice...?

1 hour ago, Hbom said:

This probably won't hold up that well, but I think it's cooler.

Chello Bear Fairbanks_011721.jpg

cooler/colder, potato/potahto

Funky, I look forward to the report and glad they had the one you wanted in stock because ya know, instant gratification beats waiting several months!

Take two Advil, strap it on and let us know how it plays and sounds.  😉

What's the neck profile like on these? I see neck width but no mention of profile.

1 hour ago, Drew816 said:

Funky, I look forward to the report and glad they had the one you wanted in stock because ya know, instant gratification beats waiting several months!

Take two Advil, strap it on and let us know how it plays and sounds.  😉

What's the neck profile like on these? I see neck width but no mention of profile.

I can't remember where, maybe in one of the YouTube videos about it, someone described it in a way that made me think of Warmoth's standard thin: not chunky, not Wizard thin, C-shaped.  But we'll find out for sure tomorrow!

Just arrived!

Body won’t get here until Monday, so can’t give a full report.

that being said, it feels slightly rounder and maybe a hair wider than both my Yamaha PAC 611 and Warmoth standard thin necks, and almost exactly equivalent to the fender-licensed Mighty Mite neck on the Benford I have sitting around.

77BB7751-38A4-41A6-AE07-334BD7E4CC5A.jpeg

Archived