Hamer Fan Club Message Center

3 Monkeys Super Orangutan?

Menehune

41 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Couldn’t imagine a use for a 100 non master. The Orangutan will run on 2 5881 instead of 4 6v6 fyi

Thanks for that info, Bubs. My Orangutan Jr. Is da bomb, but I'm jonesing for that six-way voicing of its seniors. An Orangutan would make the most sense.

But I'd still like to hear the Super O someday. Especially for its acoustic voice.

6 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

They are built old-school/shade-tree style....slow and perfect.Probably only a handful in existence. I've had the Orangutan, and it was a great amp. I've owned four 3 Monkey amps and all were STELLAR!

I own one - the Orangutan Jr. - and love that amp so much I would cuddle with it after we play if it wasn't so hard and trapezoidal and all. Now the greater Monkeyverse calls me, saying "if you think that one's great, check out these!"

9 hours ago, Menehune said:

I own one - the Orangutan Jr. - and love that amp so much I would cuddle with it after we play if it wasn't so hard and trapezoidal and all. Now the greater Monkeyverse calls me, saying "if you think that one's great, check out these!"

The OJR is fantastic, I did IMHO like it more with a 1265 Celestion than the Creamback. It opened it up a little more, the projection of a 1265 cuts better than the Creamback. The Sock Monkey 12 Watter was maybe the best home/recording amp i've ever played. That master volume was fantastic and it sounded the same loud as it did whisper quite. The SM18 was my least favorite of the three, it was good no doubt and other players here LOVE it. 

The one that I wanted to try was the Organ Grinder, but I have only seen one FS in a the last 4 years. 

Archived