Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Looking for Boomers... without the Floyd.

I think that I may have accidentally fallen in lover with Boomer Inlays!  From the Ultimate History book, I learned that Boomers came into in 1985 with the Wedge Vee which became the Scepter, and then they were offered on the FB, the Chaparral, the TLE Custom, the Californian, and the Centaura.   I have never owned a guitar with a Floyd, and I don't want to start now.  Aside from the Custom Chaparral made for Bill Kaman, and the Californian 12, were there any guitars offered with Boomers but without a Floyd?  Was the Chaparral 12 offered with Boomers?  Maybe a Vector?  I saw a Korina Artist with a fixed bridge and boomers that sold right here on HFC forum in May of 2018.   I would be happy to get a bass with Boomers instead of a guitar.  The Chaparral Bass or the Impact?  A violin bass?  Is there a Scepter bass hiding anywhere?

Anyway, does anybody here have a guitar for sale with Boomers and a fixed bridge, or a bass with Boomers?   Thank you.

Sure you have looked on REVERB..............................in any case there is this one. A bass but it does fit your want list but perhaps not your price range and maybe not your color preference either but...................... Offers accepted though so who knows. Here. Hamer USA Impact Bass guitar and case | Tiki Island Tones | Reverb           KlE0g4m.jpg

I’d reach out to Shane @H.E.L. Guitars.

7 hours ago, Drew816 said:

Who did the work? I need to have my FM refrett'ed, I know it would cost to have this done but "Boomers," ya know!

I had it done by Aaron Henderson of Lowel guitars . He is out of Finley Ohio.  He has guitars on reverb usually search Lowel.  I haven't spoke to him in a while . I know he was busy making riffle stocks too.. he does excellent work . He did numerous jobs for me.. 

Rob

Thank you everybody for the suggestions, but holy fartballs, some of those are pricey!  By some strange cosmic coincidence, this Reverb listing for an import Vector with Boomers showed up in my inbox this morning, only seven hours after I posted this thread... so I bought it!  Many Reverb sellers won't even ship to Canada, but this seller charged me less than $30 USD to ship the guitar to my home in the Yukon.  No bag or case, but I can always find something.  I bet it will fit in a bass gigbag.  This is an economical way for me to scratch my boomer itch, and then test if I want to plunge into Hamer USA Boomer territory after I make my fortune.

https://reverb.com/ca/item/38681898-hamer-vecf-hb-lawsuit-model-v-electric-guitar-2019-honey-burst

To be honest when I saw boomers for the 1st time long time ago I didn't like this inlay design. It took few years to understand that it is just perfect shape which fit any guitar type

51.jpg

My Vector import  arrived the day before yesterday.  After waiting a full 24h for the guitar to acclimatize, I opened the box, and I was horrified to discover that the seller only used a single box with bubble wrap inside--it was not even double boxed!  Combined with the fact that last week the temperature dropped to -40F, this guitar suffered.  Brace yourself for the images.

The good:

boomers.JPG

boomers full.JPG

But here is the bad:

jjzb7ea5v6uihfcyb0cq.jpg

muyxbrubfnpct5yw2fp3.jpg

seand9ibxxpdzam5ikdp.jpg

I am pretty sure that these are finish cracks only, even the one on the back of the neck, and although you can feel the neck crack (the worst of the lot) with your nail, you cannot feel it with the back of your thumb, and you cannot feel any of the other cracks at all.  The neck crack extends from one side of the nut right to the other, and the other parallel neck cracks reach from one side of each affected fret to the other.  Who here has ever seen weather cracking this bad on a poly finish?

Amazingly, the rest of the guitar is fine.  The back looks great, and so does the front.  One point of interest, if you compare shots from the original ad, exactly none of the affected areas are shown.  This may not be likely, but is it possible that the shop had this beautiful guitar with this neck damage already, and then decided to post it on Reverb right before the weather forecast showed a period of extreme cold looming?  I was considering contacting the shop to wait to ship it to me until the coldest weather had passed, but they shipped it almost immediately.

Conspiracy theories aside, what would you do with this $315 guitar?  Keep it, or send it back? 

Update:  I shared photos of the damage with the store, and they offered a $160 USD refund if I choose to keep the guitar.  This means that I am out only $155 USD which, believe it or not, is less money that I usually pay for shipping only from the USA to my home here in Canada.

Archived