Hamer Fan Club Message Center

# 5 Tour de Force

kjq69

Hey all,

So i was ready to move on with my next creation. I just loved the "Hamer Silver 25th Anniversary" guitar silver "Purfling" binding detail.... I had two of these lovely guitars and  they are truly "Lovely"....... the only thing I didn't like about them was the silver tarnishing on the fret board. I thought, how can i duplicate without using Silver........?......Stainless Steel was the answer. Well how do i get little strips of SS 60" long for this detail......Well, my buddy had a water jet machine and i grabbed a cutoff of 040 thick SS and had him water jet strips for me......What a crazy thought!!!!

I still wanted to stick with my detail of Binding, fret board and  cover plates all being Macassar Striped Ebony.......so I went to work.....Do you have any idea how hard SS is to work with????.....I was nuts!!!

African Mahogany Body & Neck  / Flame Maple Top / Striped Macassar Fret Board, Binding, Cover Plates & Truss Rod Cover / SS Purfling / Taku Sakashta "Tribute" Pickups / Mother of Pearl Nut, Tuner Buttons and Fret Board Markers with SS Rings..........

Definitely feeling Taku's influence on this build as well ~

#5 body R.JPG

#5 HS R.JPG

#5 Horn R.JPG

#5 fret board R.JPG

#5 Binding II R.JPG

#5 Back R.JPG

Neck Joint Heel R.JPG

Fret Board 12th.jpg

Signature R.JPG

Thank you so much.......!!!!..... the SS was quite the under taking......I actually made a block of wood that matched the carve of the guitar top...I attached to a Makita 1” belt sander. The SS was proud of the top so I had to sand it down even with the body contours being ever so careful not to heat it up as then it would expand......so time consuming but worth the effort :)

2 hours ago, kjq69 said:

Hey all,

So i was ready to move on with my next creation. I just loved the "Hamer Silver 25th Anniversary" guitar silver "Purfling" binding detail.... I had two of these lovely guitars and  they are truly "Lovely"....... the only thing I didn't like about them was the silver tarnishing on the fret board. I thought, how can i duplicate without using Silver........?......Stainless Steel was the answer. Well how do i get little strips of SS 60" long for this detail......Well, my buddy had a water jet machine and i grabbed a cutoff of 040 thick SS and had him water jet strips for me......What a crazy thought!!!!

I still wanted to stick with my detail of Binding, fret board and  cover plates all being Macassar Striped Ebony.......so I went to work.....Do you have any idea how hard SS is to work with????.....I was nuts!!!

African Mahogany Body & Neck  / Flame Maple Top / Striped Macassar Fret Board, Binding, Cover Plates & Truss Rod Cover / SS Purfling / Taku Sakashta "Tribute" Pickups / Mother of Pearl Nut, Tuner Buttons and Fret Board Markers with SS Rings..........

Definitely feeling Taku's influence on this build as well ~

#5 body R.JPG

#5 HS R.JPG

#5 Horn R.JPG

#5 fret board R.JPG

#5 Binding II R.JPG

#5 Back R.JPG

Neck Joint Heel R.JPG

Fret Board 12th.jpg

Signature R.JPG

Oh, damn...  that is fantastic...  😳

5 hours ago, Drew816 said:

Wow! Just wow.

Okay, how much!? I don't see the "order" button anywhere... 😉

This one would be hard to part with. The build took over a year for me and it has “Taku’s” pickups....... still can’t believe he was killed by a drug addict out on parole.....let me think about it and I will reach out to you .....

Look up Taku Sakashta Guitars ~

Archived