Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Delivery Rant

Dutchman

I was waiting for UPS and I heard a kablam so I headed for the front door to see what the heck! I caught a glimpse of the UPS guy getting in his truck and zoom off. He had just slammed them on the sidewalk and left.. I unpacked my new pair of JBL 610's and they both are broke. Just no sense in being like that!! If you don't like your job Quit! 

Rant Over, unless Alto music try's to screw me!!

That’s fucked up. There’s no sense in treating people’s stuff like that. Even more so when it’s your JOB...

I seriously despise UPS. Careless handling of packages and the highest brokerage/customs fees in the business for int'l purchases. Anyone but them I say...

6 hours ago, gtone said:

I seriously despise UPS. Careless handling of packages and the highest brokerage/customs fees in the business for int'l purchases. Anyone but them I say...

I had a $900 USD bass shipped to me from Bass Northwest to Canada.  UPS charged $250 in "brokerage fees" and "clearance fees" whatever the hell those are... probably just a license to print money.

I had a guitar shipped from out of the states that had plenty of insurance but wouldn’t have been easy to replace. I diligently checked the tracking and on the day of delivery I was going to be at work. So I leave the driver a note to drop it off at my retired neighbors house who had accepted packages before. Taped to my front door with address labels and behind my locked security gate.

With my suspicious nature I repeatedly checked tracking info and when I saw delivery confirmation I snuck out of work went home and not only found my note had not been obliged but that here was the guitar box leaning against the front of my house for anyone driving by to see. NOT EVEN AT THE FRONT DOOR. 
Not very Christian of me to think the things I did about that driver. Man or woman. 🤬🤬🤬🤯

Yep, I've had delivery issues too.  So I just went ahead and got a P.O. box at my local UPS store, comes with a  shipping address and #, as in apartment #3 'cause some places won't ship to a P.O. box. They'll also sign for items when needed. An added expense, but worth it for me and the wife for our med supplies.   (Stinkin' crackhead neighbors ) Deliveries from Amazon, Wayfair, (nothing huge)  ebay, Reverb, even got a few Hamer's and a couple  boutique amps, (nicely packed by the sellers) no worries so far. 

I contacted Alto Music and they're sending out 2 new speakers via FedEx. For all who live in New York State I highly recommend this music store! They're a complete music store so you can get reeds for your clarinet or Oboe and an entire PA to play them through! 

I provided a video of the speakers with the parts rattling around inside and within minutes had a RA to send them back!

I appreciate that!!!

3 hours ago, Dutchman said:

I contacted Alto Music and they're sending out 2 new speakers via FedEx. For all who live in New York State I highly recommend this music store! They're a complete music store so you can get reeds for your clarinet or Oboe and an entire PA to play them through! 

I provided a video of the speakers with the parts rattling around inside and within minutes had a RA to send them back!

I appreciate that!!!

Would you rate Alto as tenor out of ten?

Glad that worked out for you Dutchman! Customer service at the source! I’ve been in that position when I worked retail at a younger age. It can be tough to deal with shippers but sounds like you got it handled !

14 hours ago, brddg said:

I had a guitar shipped from out of the states that had plenty of insurance but wouldn’t have been easy to replace. I diligently checked the tracking and on the day of delivery I was going to be at work. So I leave the driver a note to drop it off at my retired neighbors house who had accepted packages before. Taped to my front door with address labels and behind my locked security gate.

With my suspicious nature I repeatedly checked tracking info and when I saw delivery confirmation I snuck out of work went home and not only found my note had not been obliged but that here was the guitar box leaning against the front of my house for anyone driving by to see. NOT EVEN AT THE FRONT DOOR. 
Not very Christian of me to think the things I did about that driver. Man or woman. 🤬🤬🤬🤯

One expect that drivers are literate?

Archived