Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Trem is a Gotoh. I've always used OFRs, but the one in it when i got it was pretty toast.   I couldn't find a source for a new OFR (dunno if there are supply issues or what....)

Heard really good things about the Gotoh (and have had really good experience with their other trems and hardware) so I tried it. I will say, I think I like it better than the OFRs, though I still prefer the tuners to be flat. My mechanical memory will just need to get over it. 

The red parts are from FU-tone, except for the switch tip. 

Keeping the blade switch. It's a superswitch, 4-pole 5-way blah blah blah.  Gives me more choices. : )

Working on the volume knob next. 

1 hour ago, veatch said:

Work in progress. Knob is next...

BTW - Gravelin pups kick all sorts of arse (no surprise...)

20210205_173109.jpg

What pickups did you go with?  Stock Gravelin winds or something custom from the mad genius...?

The bucker is one of his standards.  Mongoose, I think?  

Single is designed to match well with the bucker tapped. I actually get a decent quack in the middle position. Not good enough to lose the Vintage S, but surprisingly good. 

Every pup from Josh has been great. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, veatch said:

The bucker is one of his standards.  Mongoose, I think?  

Single is designed to match well with the bucker tapped. I actually get a decent quack in the middle position. Not good enough to lose the Vintage S, but surprisingly good. 

Every pup from Josh has been great. 

The mongoose is awesome. I’ve got two of them. One is solo and the other is matched with a couple of his single coils, also split and matched with the middle. Solid choice, my friend. Bet it sounds kickass. 

• Like 2