Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Look at this mutt...

LucSulla

Was cleaning up my EBMM Silhouette today and decided to see what pups were in it.

This was a surprise - a DiMarzio HS-3 in the neck, a Rio Grande Vintage Tall Boy in the Middle, and a Gibson of some sort in the Bridge.  No idea what it is, but reads 9.5k ohms, which I’m guessing makes it a particularly hot 490T, 57 plus, or Burstbucker 3.  

How bizarre.

75440583-CA69-495B-84BE-620292EC8516.jpeg

They actually sound great together in this guitar.   I'd totally do this combo in something else. 

But how does a fellow figure out a pickup combo this weird but not that locking tuners are there so that you DON'T have to wrap the strings, particularly four or five times and clearly whilst drunk?

Why, why, WHY, do people use e-tape to wrap pickup leads? Makes it a total PITA to remove that sticky mess from delicate wires, not to mention the gluey residue left behind. Learn to use shrink wrap, people, or use small zip ties. Rant over: *click!*

13 hours ago, RobB said:

Why, why, WHY, do people use e-tape to wrap pickup leads? Makes it a total PITA to remove that sticky mess from delicate wires, not to mention the gluey residue left behind. Learn to use shrink wrap, people, or use small zip ties. Rant over: *click!*

I have been guilty of that in the past... 😔

On 2/5/2021 at 6:43 PM, RobB said:

Better this way:

IMG_20140820_172033.jpg

Archived