Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer content: yootoobz again...

Travis

Leon Todd just posted this video on the Synergy systems. Been looking at these amp modules for a little while now and they’re very intriguing to me. Anyway, Leon busts out his korina Standard a few minutes in. Enjoy...

19 minutes ago, Travis said:

Leon Todd just posted this video on the Synergy systems. Been looking at these amp modules for a little while now and they’re very intriguing to me. Anyway, Leon busts out his korina Standard a few minutes in. Enjoy...

Nice. Although he is playing Living After Midnight and Rock You Like A Hurricane wrong. lol

Edit: Standard makes its appearance at the 09:53 mark. 

4 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

Nice. Although he is playing Living After Midnight and Rock You Like A Hurricane wrong. lol

Edit: Standard makes its appearance at the 09:53 mark. 

True. But his video on how to play “Lay it down” wrong was a game changer for me. My medium sized hands with finger stubs (thanks, mom...  🙄) always struggled with the stretch of playing it “right”...

10 hours ago, Travis said:

Been looking at these amp modules for a little while now and they’re very intriguing to me.

Wow I'm going to look into that.  That definitely looks like it's the way to go.  I'd also be interested in hearing comments from people using the Synergy pre amps.  If my memory is correct Randall had pluggable preamps years back.  It looks like Synergy has a nice selection of preamps.  The T-DLX and 800 would keep me happy for a while.

15 minutes ago, dhuber said:

Wow I'm going to look into that.  That definitely looks like it's the way to go.  I'd also be interested in hearing comments from people using the Synergy pre amps.  If my memory is correct Randall had pluggable preamps years back.  It looks like Synergy has a nice selection of preamps.  The T-DLX and 800 would keep me happy for a while.

Yeah, Randall licensed the technology from Bruce Egnator who also had an amp with modules. They were interchangeable between brands. Those amps fell out of favor. Bruce continued to refine the tech and now he works with Synergy to offer the modules in their line. If I remember correctly, he designs the Synergy branded modules while the other brands like Friedman, Diezel, Engl, etc are done by their respective builders. 

The Synergy amps are also designed to accept the old Randall and Egnator modules as well. 

I’m thinking the Syn-1 is the way to go. Use the modules to plug into the effects loop of another amp and instantly get a different flavor. Not the most cost effective to start but the savings come from additional modules costing significantly less than their namesake amps. 

Phht !   I'm still waitin' on mine, It's been like, FOREVER.  Got a notice from the vender a couple weeks ago, says he talked with Synergy and would deliver instead straight to me. That hasn't happened yet. But yeah, I've read somewhere that if your modules are based on certain tube based amp models, they'll sound even "more authentic" if your amp has the same type tubes the amp module was based on, In other words, a 6L6 type amp module with your 6L6 tube amp, or an EL34 type module with your EL34 tube amp, and so on, and so on. If and ever I get my Syn 1, I'd get a tweed type and high gain module's to try on my Super Reverb.     

I'd seen a video when they released the Vai module a while back but forgotten about it.  I got away from rack systems, sold my Marshall JMP-1 in 2014, but rackmount combined w/ midi switching on rack mount delays, etc. is really not a bad way to go for gigging musicians.

Looking at Sweetwater, Synergy also sells single and dual module heads and a combo for more traditional look.  

Very cool system they're putting together.  If/when things pick up for the bands I'm in, I'd probably go with the 2 module, rack or head just for the extreme flexibility.

Archived